The Medical Report

[Posted on May 5, 2020]

WARNING: The theme is kinda disturbing.The day was bright and calm, opposing our feelings that were mixing inside us.

"WHAT? N-no! W-why?!" Jiro, an innocent young man who was very afraid of losing his friends because of a trauma several weeks before, cried after we arrived in an incident involving our friend who had been murdered.

Jiro's girlfriend was also there, trying to comfort her boyfriend.

"Your friend has been stabbed multiple times," the police officer who was in charge of the case announced.

The chills were still inside me, couldn't get the fact that one of my beloved friends had been murdered.

Who could have done this to him? Napakabuti ng kaibigan ko, bakit nagkaganon?I sighed, tears were flowing on my cheeks.

"The incident is very clean. We cannot find any evidence here."

"WHAT?! THAT'S YOUR JOB! BE RESPONSIBLE! Find at least one evidence that will lead you to the culprit!" I shouted without any hesitation. Anger covered me up. How could they say there's nothing to find? Hindi ko maiwasan ang mainis sa mga tao ngayon, lalo na't may namatay at kaibigan ko pa.

"Sir, please calm down," a policewoman said, "we are trying our best. We assure you we will find the suspect eventually."

"You should be."

After that, Jiro, his girlfriend, and I went to a park to calm our heads. We still couldn't absorb everything that was happening.

The sky was blue and calm, opposing our feelings that were mixing inside us.

I could hear Jiro who was still crying. Hindi pa rin sya tumitigil sa pag-iyak. Napakahirap sa kanya ang mawalan ng kaibigan na tinuring nya nang kapatid. Parang kuya nya na ito. Lagi silang magkasama, nagdadamayan na para bang pamilya sila.

The girlfriend, on the other hand, was still comforting her boyfriend. Miski sya ay hindi makapaniwala sa mga nangyayari.

Habang ako naman ay nag-iisip. Deep thoughts covered me. I felt like I was drowning. Kinakabahan ako, hindi mapigilan na masagi sa isipan ko ang mga tanong na, 'paano kung may madamay pa?'

I was paranoid and I hated it. I knew to myself that I was an overthinker. The sun set. Our chests were still heavy, hoping that this day was a dream. But unfortunately, it's the reality.

We went to our houses para magpahinga na. This day was a tiring day. I wished to have better days on the future.

However, fate did not grant my wish.

It was the night the next day when I received a call. Jiro's name was flashed on the screen. I swiped on my phone and answered the call.

"Wha—" I didn't even finish what I wanted to say when the person on the other line shouted.

"NICK!" It was Jiro on the line, shouting my name. Kapansin-pansin ang kanyang mga malalalim na paghinga. The way he shouted was different. It was disturbing. Felt like he had a big problem.

"What?" I answered as fast as I could. I was nervous. Very nervous. Chills were starting to cover me. Overthinking was hitting me. I did not know what to do. Hindi pa nasasabi ni Jiro ang problema pero eto ako ngayon, kinakabahan na.

"Si Risa..." what about her girlfriend? He was crying hard kasabay ng paghikbi. The feeling inside me had been multiplied. Mas lalong tumindi ang emosyong nararamdaman ko. Alam kong hindi maganda ang ilalabas ng bibig nya. Damn, I started to cry, hindi alam kung bakit. "Si Risa... patay na. Ilang beses syang sinaksak."

Beat.

Nanlalambot ang aking mga tuhod. Nanlalamig ang aking pawis.

"A-ano?" He did not answer. He just cried.

Minutes had passed before I regained back my sanity.

"Okay, okay. Nasaan ka? Pupuntahan na kita."

After he replied, mabilis akong pumunta sa kanyang bahay kung nasaan sya.

The night was dark and calm, opposing our feelings that were mixing insides us.

I arrived at his house in no time. The gate and the main door were not locked.

Sinundan ko lang ang tunog ng umiiyak. I finally found Jiro. He was on the floor, crying hard. Agad akong yumakap sa kanya dahil naaawa ako.

"Ssh, stop crying. Hindi kita iiwan. I will protect you no matter what." I told him. Tears were starting to form on my eyes. I would not let my last friend die. Sinong may kagagawan nito? Wala naman kaming ginawang masama! Wala din kaming nakakaaway.

Jiro did not cease to cry. I was tapping his shoulder when he pointed his index finger onto somewhere else. Nilingon ko ito. Tinuturo nya ang ilalim ng kama.

I immediately turned on the flashlight on my phone and illuminated what's under the bed.

"W-w-what is this?"

I was shocked. My hands covered my mouth on their own. Chills were drowning me. Cold sweats were covering me. Tears were flowing on my cheeks. I... I feared it.

Nahihibang na ako. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin.

His girlfriend's body was on the floor, drowned by its own blood. She was stabbed. SHE WAS STABBED MULTIPLE TIMES!

Still couldn't absorb on what I was seeing, I noticed the paper beside the body. I grabbed it read it as fast as I could.

It was a medical report. Jiro's name was highlighted. Sa kalagitnaan ng aking pagbabasa, napatigil ako.

Jiro... he had...JIRO HAD SPLIT PERSONALITY

I immediately turned my gaze to Jiro who's now smiling. Smiling as if he was a devil. He was now holding a knife full of blood.

I... I... I did not know what to do. The feelings inside me were bursting out. In that moment, Jiro started to stab me. And everything seemed nothing.The night was cool and calm, opposing my feelings that were mixing inside me.