Chapter 2- the bennett witch

sooo..... idk if the part about the witch is too much like eyeofthebeholder's story on a little bit. plz give me feedback about it, and as always, vote comment, and maybe even fan??

                                                      ♥♥♥ paige ♥♥♥                                                      

I jumped over the wall for the mansion our pack stays in, my heart beating like a drum. I had sprinted to stay ahead of drew the entire time, knowing I probably would have done something stupid if I saw him. I had tried to figure out how this had happened, two alphas in the same pack, the entire time, but I couldn't think of anything. My wolf had begun howling when I took over, and I had to fight the urge to let him take over and run back to my mate, to protect her from everything, including my twin brother. I shifted mid-leap, and landed on my feet as a human, and walked up to the house, nearly sprinting into my dad, the alpha's study on the third floor. I flung the door open, and said quickly, "we need to talk dad!"

I was shutting the door behind myself, locking it so that Drew couldn't get in when my dad said, "I don't think I can talk now son, a new pack has moved into town about three miles away, I'm trying to write a letter to their alpha. Did you scent them or something?"

I said in a rush, words ofrcing themseles out of my mouth before i could consider them, "No! It's more important than that! I found my mate while I was running with drew but then he told me right after the girl that I mated ran by that he thinks that he found his mate too and now I don't know what to do!"

My dad looked as though he wasn't even surprised. I said, slowly, wondering if he was just in shock or something, "What do I do? I didn't tell drew about how I mated the girl too, because you know drew. He'd attack first, ask questions later, even if it was me."

My dad nodded and said, "well, I wasn't going to tell you two this, because unless you found a mate it wouldn't ever be that big of a pro-"

SLAM! The door tore open, the lock completely broken now as drew stormed in saying excitedly, "Dad I found her! I'm the next alpha..."

the words died in his mouth as he saw my face, contorted in anger as I shook and tried not to transform. Drew sounded nervous, and kind of scared he said quietly,"What's wrong, Jack?"

"Sit down, Andrew. You too jack. I have something I need to tell you both. It involves you both mating..."

Drew stared at me in shock when the last few words came out of our dad's mouth. I nodded grimly, and dad began talking.

"You remember the story about when you both were one, and the pack had to move across the country to Washington, right?"

We nodded, and he began again.

" We didn't just up and move because we were out of space and suspicion was rising there. We moved because a Bennett witch who had gone to the darker side lived there. I angered her, because we had been going out when I met your mother, mated her, and became the alpha. She cursed us so that any of our children would have their souls split between two people. This would mean that both of them would mate the same person, if they had been destined to be the alpha. We begged and pleaded with her, once your mother had you two, and we realized the curse truly did work. She refused after a year of our begging to reverse it, so we left. The curse is the reason why you always get sick or feel happy or sad at the same time. You two will always be perfectly in sync. Unfortunately, that includes with mates..."

We stared at him, mouths agape as he said slowly, "I'm sorry to both of you. I never thought this would happen. I thought you could just live happily... But we have to take action, now that the unthinkable has happened. I will send you both to the high school, and let the girl choose. And this will be a fair race, you hear me boys? No talking about the other badly, nothing of the sort. A fair, even race. I order it to be so. Now go get ready, you will start school as was planned before. And tell nobody of this, or you shall be punished severely."

We nodded, knowing we were both now chained under the alpha's command. We were dismissed, and walked out of the room. Drew tried to say my name, but I went into my room and locked the door. I put my ear buds in, and let the music take me away. I drifted off to sleep as I lay on my huge, king size bed.

Drew's p.o.v.

I sat on my bed, and stared at my walls as I considered everything. Eventually, I just started soning out, examining the walls with an odd intensity. The navy blue walls had a huge, floor to ceiling window on one side, which opened up for me to jump out when I wanted to transform. From the window, since I was on the third floor, I could see almost half the forest, and the small town beyond it. I stared out the window sadly, wondering if my mate, the girl who had stolen my heart with just one glance, was out there right now. Then I began pondering what my dad said. How could a witch have done that? Bennett witches may be powerful, magic royalty, but only the queen could possible harness that much power. That, or she possessed the wolf stone. It was the most powerful magical artifact in the world, and it had been passed down, witch to witch, for centuries. It was supposedly the fossilized heart of the first werewolf, Johnathan the Bold. He lived in ancient Greek times, and was only ever rivaled by Achilles for skill in battle. He was every young werewolf boy's hero. I remember when Jack and I were seven, and we both insisted on being called Johnathan. Nobody could tell the difference between us once we both started responding to the same name, because with our brown hair, sea green eyes, and tanned skin, we looked alike down to every single freckle. Now I guess we knew why. As I was thinking this, a knock on my door pulled me out of my reverie. I yelled for them to come in, and my soon to be ex-girlfriend, Melanie, walked in. She looked like a stripper in her Mini-skirt, ridiculously low-cut v-neck, and heels. My mouth dropped in shock. Melanie was usually a mousy brunette, in over-sized sweaters and jeans, but she had been different this past month. I didn't know she even owned heels until then. She sat on my bed and said angrily, "I heard you and your dad talking, and I think that if you let whoever that bitch is so much as talks to you I will transform right then and there and rip her freaking throat out. Are we clear?"

I shook my head and said, "I want to break up. I might get to be alpha if this works out, and from the way people have been talking, and the way you've been dressing, I'm not you're only boyfriend lately. Go find a new unlucky kid to toy with. Got it?"

"WHAT THE HELL?!" she shrieked, and stood up. She stomped on my foot with her painfully sharp stilettos, and said, "You're going to regret this, Andy baby."

with that, she turned on her heels and left, slamming the door behind her. I shook my head at what she had said, and lay on my bed, still dressed, and fell asleep.