chapter 3!!

hey guys! im soooooo sorry it took me so long, but if you read my messages that i broadcast then you'd see why i didnt post for so long.... but my gosh two months passes wayyyyy faster than you'd think!!! so anyway, i am really sorry and i'd like to make up for that by giving you this chapter! so go ahead and read, i'm done wasting your time now (:

Jack's p.o.v.

I was walking on a forest floor, trees covering the sky, only small bits of starlight coming through to light my path, although I could still see perfectly. Songs of the night surrounded me, and my bare feet lightly padded the bed of leaves, grasses, and other twigs as they led me forward. I suddenly saw a glowing green light showing from behind a tangle of huge bushes. My wolf howled in fear as I walked closer. I slowly looked through the bush, and saw a woman standing in the middle of a large clearing. She held a white rock, although it glowed with an impossible beautiful yet eerie green light. She was chanting something, and suddenly I saw a white wisp slowly materializing in front of her. As it took a shape, I gasped. It was a ghostly version of drew and I, although I was unsure which one of us it was, because we were identical. As I watched, it slowly split apart, and I saw the image repeated, forming two ghosts instead of one. The ghostly forms weren't as visible now, and they seemed to be reaching out to each other, although you could see that the moment they were about to touch each other, an invisible wall seemed to keep them apart. The woman shrieked in anger, and she turned around completely. When I saw her face, I gasped audibly. She held a fierceness is her catlike violet eyes, and her brown hair seemed to be blowing in a non-existent breeze. She looked like an older version of my angel, but her mouth curled upwards evilly, and she seemed to be looking straight at me. Suddenly, the rock stopped glowing, and she crumpled to the ground. I ran away, until suddenly the ground dropped from beneath me.

I sat straight up in bed, the sheets tangled around me like a tornado had hit. Light from the early dawn streamed in from my floor-to-ceiling windows, and I calmed down as I looked outside. My window faced eastwards, so I could see the sun rising over the treetops, turning the tips of the dark green trees gold. Everything was rich and vibrant, yet allured me with it's mystery and silent beauty. A fine mist clung to the ground, and the stillness of the forest surprised me. It was beautiful, and it almost looked like the day was being reborn.

Usually, I was never up earlier than the forest, but it was peaceful without birds swooping around, and wolves thundering through the pack's forest. I sighed, and then remembered something important as I thought about the previous day. We were starting high school today, and I would get to see my angel. But I growled as I thought about competing with drew. My wolf growled at his name, and it was amazingly audible. Usually, my wolf was very similar to my personality, quiet but opinionated. This time, it was nearly taking control of me, and giving me a headache with all the howling. I headed down the huge staircase, past the levels of sleeping werewolves bedrooms, down to the kitchen, in the main floor. It was huge, like most things in this house, due to the amount of people it had to serve. Our pack was the largest in the region, with thirty wolves and counting. I opened the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk, guzzling down the last of it and tossing out as I walked past the cabinets to the largest one in the corner, which held dozens of boxes of cereal. I grabbed the box of lucky charms on the bottom shelf and poured it into a bowl, eating it dry because I didn't feel like grabbing more milk from the supply room fridge. Once I finished, I slowly walked back to the stairs, hoping to be quiet so that nobody would come out of their rooms, because I honestly didn't want to speak to anybody right now. I managed to make it upstairs and went into my room to start showering and getting ready for my first day of high school, crossing my finger the entire time that my angel was a student there.

Drew's p.o.v.

Sunlight streamed into my room as I looked at my tangled sheets, and pigsty of a bedroom. I could barely see the floor, and I took a step down, frowning. I could have sworn my room was clean when I fell asleep, but then I remembered what had happened last night. I had woken up in the middle of the night, and while I was still half asleep I had gone through my entire closet, although I'm not sure why, now that I think about it. I glance at my clock as I walk into the bathroom, and suddenly realize why it was so bright outside. There were only five minutes until I had to leave for school! I rushed downstairs to see that almost all of the pack had come in from their smaller houses around ours, as well as bedrooms, since all wolves that were training lived in the alpha's house., and were finishing eating. Most of the kids who were starting school with us were already dressed and ready. I ran to a cupboard and stuffed two granola bars in my mouth as everybody stared at me in surprise, and ran back upstairs at full speed to change and brush my teeth. My wolf growled at me to hurry up as I ran downstairs, grabbing my backpack from a hook as I ran out the door and shifted, running after the disappearing tails of my peers in the forest. When my paws reached the ground, quickly taking me to the lead of the running wolves, next to my brother, I heard a growl. I saw his normally hazel eyes beginning to glow amber and I frowned, knowing he was angry about something. My wolf sent me a mental image of me and jack, then of our angel. I sighed as I realized what jack was angry about. How could he be angry at me if our wolves share the same soul? Shouldn't knowing that make us closer than we already are? I shrugged it off, and began to just enjoy the fresh air as we ran to a clearing near the school, where we parked our overflow cars. Everybody shifted, their clothes still intact thanks to a spell from our pack witch, and filed into the cars. I got into the drivers sdeat, and slammed the door shut behind me with a thud as I turned to see who was in my car. I grinned as I saw mine and jack's group of friends staring back at me. Jon was sitting on the right, his hazel eyes looking glazed over from waking up too early, and his shaggy brown hair laying as an uncombed mess atop his head. Martin grinned at me from next to Jon, the exact opposite of him in looks at the moment, and I grinned back. Rob was staring out the window absentmindedly, his brown eyes shining with amber flecks. I frowned as I saw them, because that meant he was likely to change for the first time soon. I pushed my negative thoughts away and drove down the long, winding road to town, and eventually school.

Jacks p.o.v.

I stepped out of the passenger seat of the car into the parking lot of our new school. A few others pulled up beside mine and Drew’s car, which our parent's had insisted we share. Students from the school were staring at us all as we all smiled and laughed, walking up to the main building quickly. Suddenly, I stopped, and drew did too. My wolf began moaning, and I turned quickly when I smelled the most wonderful smell I’ve smelt since, well, forever. I saw my angel exiting a car behind us, and I smiled widely as I went to the step towards her, until I saw Drew do the same thing. I frowned and took another step, at exactly the same time he did. He turned to me with a glare, his face saying what I knew we were both thinking. She belonged to only me, couldn't he just lay off? I growled and began walking again, nervously hoping that drew would go back and walk with the pack, but of course, my stubborn ass brother just HAD to come with me. She began walking through the parking lot with her head looking down into her bag, searching for something. I stopped in front of her, staring at her long sheet of brown hair as I said, “Hi, I’m Jack. I just transferred here, do you think you could show me around?”

She gave me a dirty look and said, “Wolfkind shouldn't mix with others, don't you think?”

I stopped in shock as she smirked and walked up to a group of people who I had assumed to be the popular kids, and immediately a buff guy with a varsity jacket n slung his arm around hr waist, giving her a kiss on the cheek before giving me a dirty look. I stalked silently into the school, drew looking at me in shock as i turned around and almost walked into him. From the look on his face, he had heard what she had said as well.