thirteen

"miss kent! now is not the time for a nap!" 

professor trewlany was stand above avery's sleeping form.  ron and i kept sharing knowing looks. avery was up all night on the quidditch pitch doing god knows what. she had come back, sweaty and tired. she had almost told hermione what she was doing before she feel asleep. hermione kept panicking because avery was only wearing a (what she called) bra. a sports one. 

maybe she was playing quidditch or something?

"five more minutes, darien," she whispered, moving her hand in the direction of professer trewlany, who looked less then impressed. i'd never fallen asleep in her class, but she loved scaring me. by telling me i was going to die. 

"five points from gryffindoor." professor trewlany muttered as she continued to teach. i wasn't  paying attention.

instead, i was thinking about the warning professer trewlany spewed before. the grim. some sort of wizard death omen. i felt a sharp pain in my leg, i looked up. avery kent had woken up. she had a dreamy expression on her face. 

"hello harry. great nap i just had. what class are we in again..?" she looked around. "divination, got it." she fiddled with the tea cup in front of her. hermione suddenly appeared next to me. avery's expression widened and she moved her hand. "hermione-"

"this class is pointless," hermione grumbled. "it's all fake. from the predictions to the warning. that's all they are. fiction."

avery was  staring at hermione intently. eating every word she said, similar to lavender and parvati. those two ate ever word that professor trewlany said. i bet she'd say the earth was flat and they'd believe. 

"i thought this world was fictional until i met you, hermione," avery whispered, leaning onto her right hand, left hand tracing the rim of the teacup. 

hermione blushed, looking embarrassed by what avery had said.

"w-what do you mean by that..?"

avery's blue eyes met hermione's brown ones. "imagine the world being black and white, until you meet someone. that sort of thing."

avery's ton of voice was something i never thought i'd hear. she always seemed so happy. so interested in everything. now she was bored. she would ace this class though. she always would. it was december and already she was acing all the classes she was taking. i couldn't even keep of with defense against the dark work. 

"i'm outta here. you have yourselves a nice tea party." 

avery got up as did hermione, and stared our professor done. avery grabbed her bag and left her book on the table. 

"oh and fun fact, professor. in my tea cup, there's a grim. maybe it was talking about the brain cells i lost while in this class."

the door to the tower opened and out went hermione and avery. some of the other gryffinfors (mainly some of the boys) became interested in their tea cups, not wanting professer trewlany to get upset. 

"if anyone else would like to leave, now would be the best time. foresight is not a gift everyone would like to have."

ron bit his lip, as if attempting to not laugh. i spotted dean thomas and seamus finnigan holding their breaths. everyone was in shook. hermione granger, the top of our classes since first year walked out with the american. both girls called the subject fictional. 

if that didn't scream avery i don't know what does.

"man, kinda wish i could walk out with avery and 'moine. i can't breathe with this much insence. i'm going to pass out," ron whispered. 

"i agree, ron. maybe we should take a leaf out of their book."

parvati leaned forward and asked me: "has anyone asked kent out yet or no?""

"why do you ask?"

"because the some of the boys in ravenclaw and hufflepuff are asking. even the girls are asking. maybe she put love potion in everyone's drink on the first day of term. that might explain everyone's obsession with her."

i shook my head. "from what i  know about her. avery's not very good at potions. the first class was a stroke of luck. she said it herself. i think maybe because they all find her attractive."

lavender leaned forward, making sure to catch her book, which was about to fall. 

"do you two find her attractive?"

ron seemed embarrassed of something. "i-wha, harry-"

"i don't," i said. 

i may use words that might describe her as such, but in no way to i want to snog her. she wasn't someone i was interested in.

"you're the first boy to say that. or the first person ever really!"

it's not that hard. i may be a boy but no way in hell do i find every single girl attractive. even the one everyone's all over.