꧙𐂂 : 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙨 | 𝙏𝙄. 𝙒𝙎. 𝙆𝙅

WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER !

- ANGST
- DARK THEMES
- MENTIONS OF SUICIDE
- LOTS OF ANGST <3
- PLATONIC LOVE (FRIENDSHIP)

⌌⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍

karl jacobs, a fairly young adult, being only twenty-two years old. he wasn't one of the tallest of males, but he wasn't considered short either. he had soft fluffy umber brown coloured hair that framed his head and face just perfectly, he had a pair of sparkling stone green coloured eyes that was often accompanied with a bright smile. everyone saw him as a cheerful and energetic male, but he never really was.

he would admit that sapnap 𑁋 nick 𑁋 did brighten most of his days, but his world was clouded most of the time. nick brought out laughs from him, make him crack smiles and create butterflies in his chest. but that wasn't the case, not at all. he was happy around his friends, no one suspected a thing. except one.

he had been sitting outside of Manburg's territory, on a bench by the water. it had been a few weeks into the so-called rebellion, the infamous technoblade had become a familiar, tubbo had been suspicious and even the all mighty quackity was having regrets and huge doubts for his president. they all knew that Jschlatt was going down sooner or later. especially with the way everyone was supporting wilbur soot, even dream.

he was tired. exhausted even. he had small dark bags under his eyes that grew after every sleepless night, he didn't feel like eating anything no matter how many hours passed, his energy got drained so much easier than before. most of the time he didn't see a reason to keep going. barely anyone really knew who he was, no one would care...
no one noticed anyway. the way the longs sleeves returned. he had thrown the normal excuses of 'I was cold' or 'I need to show off merch', when on the inside he was screaming for help.

he had grown paler, his eyes had lost their sparkle. his arms were littered with stripes, fresh and old ones. his shoulders and arms ached for release and for the pain to end, but it was almost addicting to him. no one questioned him, so he didn't really care for what happened.

and he kept going for weeks like this, getting worse and worse every day, until today. he sat at the bench, staring at his reflection. the sun was setting in front of him, on the other side of the lake actually. the sun was disappearing slowly but surely behind the lake's edge, where the water meets the sky. the normally blue sky turned into vibrant shades of purple, red, orange, black and blues. the warm air shifted to a more chilly heat, his legs swung forward and backwards, his sleeves were rolled up and is gaze turned to the scars. everyone else was asle𑁋

hey.
a voice spoke up behind him. karl shot up into a sitting position and whipped around, looking like a deer caught in headlights. his gaze fell upon a taller male, soft sandy blonde coloured locks being ruffled everywhere, a pair of blue eyes that sparkled like a pair of diamonds in all their glory. a small, sad smile was playing along those sympathetic and rather hurt lips.

tommy... w-what are you doing here?
the older one questioned as he rolled down his sleeves quickly, trying to be discreet, hoping tommy hadn't seen his arms. but karl was smarter than that, he knew tommy was smarter too. tommy was a smart and intelligent kid for his age, and often outsmarted lots of people on the server. one could say he was sly like a fox, but that's fundy's role, isn't it?

tommy, ignoring Karl's question, walked over to the wooden bench and plopped down beside karl. he turned his diamond like gaze out towards the water, the colours of the sky and sun lowering reflecting in his eyes. tommy relaxed his form and leaned against the bench, meanwhile karl was thinking why tommy had even arrived her. it was unlikely for tommy to come watch the sunset, and even if tommy wanted to watch the sunset it was surely not in an open area like this. especially after Jschlatt took over...

are you an angel, karl?
the teen asked after a moment of silence, making the American raise an eyebrow in confusion. the brunette furrowed his eyebrows after a while, seeing as he didn't see why tommy had suddenly asked a question like that. tommy, obviously, noticed the confusion his friend was having, so he spoke up again.

my president said that those who have marked wrists are angels.

the young man had said it so casually, like it wasn't that much of a deal. but they both knew it was. they could feel the tension in the air, as if one wrong movement would destroy it all. karl shifted uncomfortably and looked off to the side in shame, his eyebrows narrowed even deeper now and a frown taking over.

I'm not an angel, tommy.
karl muttered out, his tone almost like poison. tommy knew karl meant no harm, and even if karl did karl wouldn't be able to do anything. at the moment, karl was unarmed while tommy sat there with an enchanted crossbow and a shield. karl, was at disadvantage.

tommy sighed deeply and turned to the side, his gaze staring at karl, who felt the burning stare at the back of his head. he felt a pair of gloves hands grab his, making him turn to look at tommy. the two of them stared into each other's eyes for a while, dull and teary stone green eyes meeting soft and determined diamond blue ones.

of course you are. the president said that only angels harm themselves because they don't like the life on earth. this world is destroying them so they're trying to return to heaven. they are too sensitive to the pain of others and their own.
tommy spoke, zero hesitation shown inside of his voice. he didn't stutter or hesitate once, it was like one of Jschlatt's many speeches. he spoke with a determined and proud tone, clearly showing that he meant every single world that was said.

and despite how much karl hated to admit it, tommy was being extremely smart. and wise, for that matter. tommy gave a soft smile when he noticed that karl was at loss of words, because the blonde knew he was right and had won this battle of words, which wasn't often.

karl cracked a smile.

you know, your old man is a very wise one, haha.
the brunette chuckled softly, soon enough getting accompanied by another pair of chuckles. the blonde stood up from the bench, tugging on karl's hands to make the older male stand up with him. tommy nodded his head proudly, no shame at all. pogtopia was going to win, and even karl was sure now. he knew which side to stand on.

thank you, karl. he's also an angel.
tommy spoke, his voice cracking a little bit. it was then that karl actually took time to observe the smaller male. his diamond blue eyes were teary, his eyes were a bit puffy, most likely from crying. the blonde's skin was scratched here and there, his jawline and face were scratchy and a bit dirty, blood here and there, but that was expected. what made the brunette's eyes widen his pure horror was what laid on top of tommy's head.

a pair of round glasses. one glass had a small crack from one end to the other, some blood where on the edge of it.
tommy continued speaking,

but he has already returned home.

⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏