Chapter 27: Drunk in Love

Start from the beginning

"Yes!" Fred cheered, looking back at Lee who, sure enough, was very preoccupied with Nassar's face. "Cough it up, Georgie."

George rolled his eyes and told Fred he'd give him his money the next day. While the twins squabbled, Angelina and Jessica continued talking about their captain and the flirty girl beside him.

"She's quite bold, don't you think?" Angelina mused. "I don't think Oliver likes it, though."

"He doesn't?" Jessica asked, hoping she didn't sound too happy.

"Of course not. He actually looks uncomfortable. Why don't you go and save him?"

"What?"

"Go on," Angelina urged, a smirk playing on her lips. "What do you think, Fred? George?"

"What was that, love?" Fred said, not having heard the two girls.

"I was telling Jessica to go and help Oliver out. He looks like he wants to curse Zhang at this point."

"Oh, yeah, you should totally go to Oliver," Fred agreed.

"Yeah, Jess, save the poor bloke," George said. Before she could even answer, the twins flocked Jessica's sides and began pushing her towards the center of the common room.

"Wait — hey!" She tried to resist, but both Fred and George were too tall and strong for her to fight back. When they were a good enough distance from the couch, the twins shoved Jessica hard enough until she stumbled right before Oliver.

"Oh, Jessica," he said, sounding relieved. Zhang looked annoyed at her arrival.

"Hey, Oliver," said Jessica. "Er, do you wanna... grab some more drinks with me?"

"Yes," he said instantly. "Let's go."

Oliver dragged Jessica by the wrist and led her away from the couch. They made their way to the table on the other side of the common room, leaving Zhang behind without another word.

"Thanks," Oliver said gratefully.

"Couldn't say no to her, could you?"

"Why, are you jealous?"

"No," Jessica denied, hiding her face behind her drink.

"Your face is bright red." For a moment, she thought Oliver would call her out for blushing, but then he added, "Is it because you've been drinking a lot?"

"Well, I think this is my third round... actually, maybe it's my fourth," she replied as she refilled her cup.

"Can you even handle all that, miss Gryffindor prefect?" Oliver chuckled.

"Not sure, but my head doesn't feel like I've been hit with a Bludger yet. Besides, I don't have to patrol till tomorrow night."

"When did you get so rebellious?"

Jessica scoffed at his joke and said, "Well, how much have you had to drink?"

"Only one. It's too early."

"It's already midnight."

"Exactly. The party's just starting," Oliver beamed. "Besides, I've got a high tolerance for alcohol. I'm Scottish."

"That's an Irish thing," Jessica pointed out.

"It still stands."

"Really? Then prove it."

Oliver raised an eyebrow at her challenge. When Jessica stared back at him eagerly, he suddenly felt his competitive spirit take over.

 When Jessica stared back at him eagerly, he suddenly felt his competitive spirit take over