She smiles, grabbing them before chucking them to Kiara. "Me too."

"Come on. I'll be the lookout," Kiara says as she catches the small metal keys.

"Finder's fee, just saying. And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice." John B reassures Pope as they walk back towards HMS Pogue.

Pope bites his lip in temptation before letting out a hesitating sigh.

"Come on, bubba," John B calls out using a sweet pet name.

➵ ➵ ➵

MARTHA WHISTLES AT THE SIGHT of a dirty and wrecked-looking motel. The walls were grimy and dingy with sand sticking on the moldy pieces; the roof was falling apart; the palm trees were barely standing up straight; the pool was filled with all kinds of monsters from the depths of the Atlantic; about thirty broken mattresses were on the railings; and the sign, summer winds motel was broken in half. "I thought the Château looked bad."

"This place is a shitshow."

"Motel or meth lab?"

"You be the judge."

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White would stay." John B says as he allows the HMS Pogue to drift towards the makeshift dock.

"No, it looks like a place where someone with a Grady-White would get killed."

"Alright, here we go," JJ's voice changes to sound like he's an old man on a radio network. "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for a landing." Right before the boat crashes onto the garbage-infested docking station, he jumps off, yelling in amusement. J ties the rope onto someone, securing the boat's stay. Martha stumbles a little, still not used to being on the boat and its unsteady motions.

"We good?" John B asks J but Martha thought he was talking to her so she nodded anyway.

"Yeah, we're good."

"All right. Here goes nothin'." John B states.

"I'm coming too," Martha says, smirking between the two teenage boys.

"Fine by me." John B shrugs. "Mighty fine with me Mcfly." JJ winks.

"Hey, don't let him do anything stupid," Pope says, pointing to JJ.

"Oh, we will."

"I'm not making promises."

"Yeah, I know."

"Don't worry popsicle, I got him." Marty pats on Pope's head. I don't got him, I can't even handle him.

Kiara hands John B the key, her eyes lingering on his, her hand not letting go of his. "Be careful, I mean it."

Martha and JJ side-eyes each other before following their headstrong friend to an abandoned and a definitely deadman's motel room.

"Why are all these mattresses out here?" John B questions as he makes his way up the shaking stairs.

"Not you deflecting," Martha calls him out ahead of her. JJ snickers in agreement.

"After a hurricane, they ditch 'em cause they're moldy."

"What are you guys saying about me now?" John B questions, turning around to face the couple.

"Just be soo careful, John," JJ teases, caressing Johnny's face.

Johnny's face contorts in disgust, shoving his best friend off his body. "God, you're so weird."

"I said 'not you deflecting,' because like what the heck was that about?" Martha skips up to the two boys.