𝐂.32

perfect? or wrong timing? you be the judge.

TW: DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD, GORE

TW: DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD, GORE. VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

JOHN B SQUINTS AS HE LOOKS AT THE UNDERWATER CAMERA. Tapping the lens with his pruny pointer finger, he starts to make funny faces as Pope watches above from the surface.

"What's this right here?" JJ points out, almost touching a button without knowing what it does.

Pope quickly slaps his hand away, scolding him "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out this thing."

Just as John B pulls away to get a breath of air, two pairs of legs dangle above the footage. Kiara and Martha can be seen on the small screen, waving and smiling at the drone. Their scantily-clad bathing suits turned on the two eyeing boys up on the deck.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ mumbles as he watches Martha make her way back up to the surface. Her pink bandeau bikini entices him to dive in after her. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Well, technically it's not a drone. It's an ROV," Pope points out, his eyes on the computer screen the whole time.

"Shut up. Shut up, it's too early for that right now," he quickly dismissed his brainy friend, looking back down to his girl swimming in the blue water. He winks at her and she smiles back, paddling over to the metal ladder as John B calls from behind her.

"Hey, look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim," John B states like it was basic knowledge.

"It's such bullshit," JJ whines, looking back over his left shoulder just as Marty was climbing out. He didn't want to be caught staring. "Why do we have to do that?"

"Well, there is maritime salvage law," she answers him, grabbing her towel off the wooden beam. Water drips onto the deck, slightly splashing JJ's feet as he is wearing flip-flops. Her teeth chatter as the wind sends chills throughout her body, the warm towel quickly diminishing its heat in the shadows. "Y-You can't just go to the ocean floor and—and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

JJ grins, turning around and pulling her into the sun. "I know. I know, smarty-pants. It's just that lawyers aren't cheap, you know?" He continues, his head falling as he toys nervously with his rings. Marty nods, kissing his shoulder, and leans on his right forearm. Her hair is wet and mushy, but he doesn't care.

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp," John B adds, his arms splashing the water as he keeps himself afloat.

"How do you know all of that?" Kiara asks, shaking her head in amusement.

"Cause, my dad said it, like, a million times."

"Yeah, that's fair," she replies out of breath as she swims to the base of the ladder, regaining her strength.