|08

"It's going to rain tonight, and you bet as heck I'm going to be watching horror movies until the sun rises," Erika expressed, stretching her arms up to the orange colored sky

"It's going to rain tonight, and you bet as heck I'm going to be watching horror movies until the sun rises," Erika expressed, stretching her arms up to the orange colored sky. There was scattered clouds above the two friends, looking down on them. The twelfth grade classes ended earlier than everyone else letting them have more time to prepare for exams. Erika's mouth began to water with longing for the sweet fruit flavored tea Candy introduced to her a while back. Without hesitation she guided her friend into the nectarous aroma that hit them when they walked in the cafe. Erika and Candy ordered their usual drinks, not wasting a second to chat about things other than school. "Is Kei and Laurence going to be okay with you not being there at school?"

"It's fine, Kei has extra classes to take after school and Laurence is going to a swim meet," Erika nodded her head and picked up her drink that had just finished brewing, walked to an empty table and took her seat. Pulling out some homework that would be easy to finish while she chatted with Candy about the recent events going on. Gossiping about the teachers and their challenging assignments, who is going to be in charge of the Student Council for next year, and somehow guided the conversation to their own lives. Erika guiding the flow of the conversation.

"The stars haven't been in my favor for the past few days. My luck has been so bad lately, I don't think it'll change anytime soon," Erika added after sucking on her straw. "I've tried to bring up my positive energy but my brothers are coming back home next week so all the hard work I did will be for nothing. Their negativity will be the downfall of my positivity."

Dealing with her brothers was always a difficult task for Erika. Whenever they were together something chaotic would always come up. It all depends on who they are around, but she was going to need to put on a brave face. Candy offered to assist Erika with taking care of her brothers. She absolutely despised seeing her friend stressed out. Erika shook her head at Candy's offer, saying that it was her problem to deal with and would feel bad if Candy got caught up with the twins wrath.

When the girls left the cafe, the sun was no longer within their view. Large, dark rain clouds cluttered in the sky. Candy stood alone on the platform feeling the rain dampen the fabric of her socks. The weather felt gloomy, as if something bad were to happen at any given moment. She readjusted the sleeves of her uniform jacket to make it cover half her hand. Stepping back a little, her phone was now out of her pocket. Going immediately to her messenger application, she texted Erika to make sure she arrived home safely. It took her friend three minutes to reply, giving Candy a sigh of relief. The only thing left was to wait for the train to arrive which wasn't anytime soon. Candy heard her name being called from behind her. Turning around, she saw Kei seated on one of the benches on the platform. It was dry where he sat, no sign of any rain. He called her over, saying she would catch a cold if she stood under the rain like she had been doing for the past three minutes. She smirked at his attempt to care for her.