Pilot (Pt:2)

The next day, everyone was getting ready for the day.

Mia changed Emma's diaper while Tucker worked on labeling the food in the fridge with a Sharpie. There had been a brief argument the night before about Tucker refusing to let Danny eat his food, so he had taken to scribbling his name on anything that was his. 

Ben had the sleeping habits of a teenager and didn't wake up until right before his afternoon shift at the bar. He had finally gotten out of bed and had gotten dressed in his casual work uniform, a chambray button down shirt with a black tie and khaki jeans.

He fixed his tie as he stepped out of his bedroom into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Tucker interrogated as Mia hands Emma off to Danny, who still seemed nervous holding her, but not as much as he did before.

"Uh, work. I've got a shift." Ben informed us. 

"Really? You couldn't get anyone to cover for you like I did?" Mia ask 

"Oh, you see, that would have been a good idea. Too late now!" He hurried towards the door, but Danny stopped him.  "I'm not watching your kid."

Tucker decided. "I have a job, too, remember?" 

"Well, then, Mia, can you please watch her?" Ben requested.

"I would, but I have an audition." Mia explained to him, taking Emma back after she had prepared her a bottle.

"Right, then Danny it is." Ben ran out the door and Tucker bolted after him, leaving Danny stranded again as they closed the door.

He showed me his puppy dog eyes and Mia had the urge to give in but didn't

"Sorry, Danny, your mom is also my manager and she will kill me if I miss this audition." Mia apologized, passing Emma and the bottle to him. "Bye, Danny!"

Ben flipping bottles as Riley sat in front of him

"Whoa!" Riley chuckled.

"Oh. Wow. Very impressive. And who said you had no discernable skills?"

Ben furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, I think that was you."

"Riley, what am I supposed to do?" Riley shrugged helplessly.

"Well, there's not really that much we can do until Angela comes back. But I think we should probably talk about the elephant in the room. Which for once isn't me." She chuckled againz

Ben didn't even crack a smile. "How much do you want to be involved?"

Ben shrugged. "I don't know what I want. Last year, I was doing construction. Before that, I was waiting tables. Now I'm flipping bottles. I haven't figured my life out yet. I'm not you."

Riley raised her eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

Ben scoffed. "Oh! Come on. College, law school, this... Transformation. You see what you want and you go for it." Brooke snored and stood up straight.

Best Friend's Brother/ Danny Wheeler\On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara