𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘷𝘺

Start from the beginning

She put the glasses on a table and grabbed the blonde's arm, pulling her to the side. "Have you lost your mind?" Angelique asked, a hint of frustration in her tone. "Did you bleach your brain too the last time you bleached your hair or what?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Serena defended herself, surprised by the other's attitude.

"Of course you don't." Angelique rolled her eyes, then saw Nate approaching them. Great. "Stop being petty for a few hours, is that too much to ask for? I know she's being impossible, but you're even worse. That's low, even for you."

"Angelique, what are you talking about—"

"I'm talking about Blair and how you're stealing her guest and embarrassing her in front of everyone. When did you start behaving like this? Ugh."

She clicked her tongue, then shifted her attention to Nate, who stopped right next to her. Before he was able to say anything, she interrupted him.

"And you? Don't. Go back inside and pretend you're interested in Dartmouth or step aside and let someone else get the chance to do it. Damn it, it's like you guys don't even want to go to college. Do you even care about anything at all?"

She didn't mean to be this straightforward and rude. She hasn't been acting like herself either, given the fact that her mother literally ditched her. So when she found out her friends did everything else but what they had to do, she snapped.

She didn't even wait for an answer. She took back the glasses and left to find the teacher she abandoned. Before she could reach him, though, she was pulled to a table by Blair. The girl didn't say anything to her, she just climbed on an empty chair and spoke in a loud voice: "May I please have everyone's attention?"

Angelique frowned. It wasn't time for Blair's speech, which could only mean one thing: trouble.

"Welcome again to the Constance Billard—St. Jude's Ivy Week Mixer. I'm Blair Waldorf, chair of the Community Outreach Committee and this is Angelique Evans, vice chair."

She gestured towards Angelique and the girl couldn't help but force a smile when everyone started to clap.

"Every year, our schools choose to support one local institution that we feel benefits our community." A devilish smirk started to grow noticeably on Blair's lips, strengthening Angelique's bad feeling. "This year, our schools have chosen to honor the Ostroff Center."

The what?

For a really short moment, confusion was spread all over Angelique's face. Ostroff Center? That wasn't the institution they discussed about. It wasn't even on the list, so what was Blair doing? Then, her eyes met Serena's and she finally understood.

This was another cat fight.

She was forced to clap, just as everyone else, and she wiped the confused look from her face. She couldn't afford to let Blair drag her down because of their stupid, egoistical fight.

"This semester, our choice is a very personal one because the center has helped one of our own." While Blair went on with her speech, Serena moved closer to her brother and wrapped an arm around him. "It's because of their excellence program which aids young addicts and alcoholics that a student here with us today is clean and sober. At least for now."

Blair Waldorf, what the hell are you talking about? Angelique asked herself. This was so embarrassing.

"Can I please have Serena van der Woodsen join me on stage?"