his head shifted, glancing curiously at the teacher. is he still doing attendance?

"is besson taken?"

that's when corbyn sat up straight, wide eyes trying to find the projected voice. his teacher glanced at the paper in his hands, shaking his head.

okay, attendance was definitely over. what's happening?

corbyn had completely blocked out the instructions, and it was horrifying to hear, "i'll take him!"

take me for what?

his hands were fumbling together, neck craned as if his teacher could see his worry and call off whatever taking was about to unravel.

"anybody else not have a partner?"

partners for what? sir, please, take pity on me. repeat the assignment, pretend someone else wasn't listening.

"group up."

majority of the class became mobile, corbyn's eyes forcibly focused onto his desk, mentally cursing himself. why couldn't i pay attention? i don't even know what i'm getting myself into.

his knee was rapid, leg bouncing up and down before he finally saw someone's backside hauling a desk beside him. fuck. i'm done for.

blond hair, who had blond hair? not a lot of boys, as corbyn could remember. to be fair, he didn't pay attention to them anyways, so he didn't have a clue.

keep your focus on the desk, don't stare. they'll leave, right? probably just taking it for their partner.

then the desk was roughly pushed against his, his partner clumsily tumbling into the seat as his backpack was lazily leaned into corbyn's.

"hey, partner. any ideas?"

corbyn's head turned a little, seeing how relaxed his partner was in comparison, body language completely open as he was angled toward corbyn, all focus on him.

please don't tell me...

somehow, corbyn was relieved to find daniel seavey sat beside him.

not by much though.

his expression was of a deer in headlights, brows only somewhat furrowed as his jittering movements had froze. why are you here?

"don't tell me you didn't listen to the prof." daniel feigned astonishment, although being somewhat surprised. besson was one of the top students in their biology class, and that's why daniel was still shocked to see how frightened and alert he'd been.

corbyn shook his head, leaning down to dig through his backpack for his binder. it was easy to hide his embarrassment if his head was ducked down in the desk.

"we have three weeks to get it done." daniel didn't even move, waiting for corbyn to flip open to his notes as the teacher dropped two papers to their desks.

it was quite clear that was the rubric and requirements, and corbyn quickly absorbed the instructions. thank lord i didn't have to get daniel to explain.

"i think we could do it on philematology..." daniel's brow quirked, a smug look on his face as he glanced back at his friends.

"fill-eh who?"

corbyn didn't hesitate to pull out his phone. maybe daniel would actually be helpful, which would blow him away if that was the case.

daniel's brows raised, surprised to get any words from corbyn. he composed himself quickly, seeing as corbyn opened safari.

the scientific study of kissing is called "philematology" (philos in ancient greek = earthly love). ...the act of kissing...

i've been proven wrong.

"i'm surprised someone like you knows that big of a word." corbyn's lips pursed, sighing as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket. another project i have to do on my own, huh? enjoy the only good grade you'll ever get, seavey.

although it was bold to think that daniel didn't get good grades, it was pretty justifiable considering what he was known for doing in school. i doubt he ever does anything in class.

it finally clicked in daniel's mind that corbyn insulted him, sitting up a little more and leaning closer dramatically. "what's that supposed to mean?"

he was enthusiastic, louder, and it made corbyn tense up with a flinch that hadn't gone unnoticed.

daniel sat back again, eyes burning into corbyn's being curiously. who do you think i am, besson?

EXTRA NOTES
-i may or may not miss posting
tomorrow we'll see we'll see

-anyways here's our boys✨😌