When I got to the outside of the Headmaster's office, Ginny, Luna, and Neville were already there.

"Good, you're here," Ginny whispered. "Remember, keep your voice down."

"Well obviously I'm going to keep my voice down," I hissed.

I saw her shoot a glare at me out of the corner of her eye. "Right, tell the statue the password—"

Before I could talk, someone stepped out of the shadows and into the corridors. I looked up at the pointed face of Draco Malfoy. He must have been the noise I had heard earlier. He had followed me.

"What are you doing here?" he said to me. He narrowed his eyes at Ginny, Neville, and Luna. "And what are you doing with the Blood Traitor, Longbottom, and Loony Lovegood?"

Ginny shot him a death glare. "Why the hell did you bring Malfoy?" she hissed at me.

"I didn't!" I looked at Draco. "He followed me." I crossed my arms across my chest. "Why did you follow me?"

"I saw you sneak off," he said, his voice raising. "I knew you must be up to no good."

"Be quiet!" I snapped in a whisper. "Do you want us to get caught?"

"You shouldn't be sneaking around at night!" He said, lowering his voice. "Did you even listen to what I told you the other day?"

"You are not my father, Draco—"

"Can you two stop?" Neville whispered. "We need to get into Snape's office."

"What are you lot doing?" Draco questioned firmly. "Sneaking around at night—"

"Go away, Draco," I said. "This is none of your business."

"Of course it's my business—"

"Eva!" Ginny interjected. "Just say the password so we can get in, ignore this idiot."

"What did you just call me, Weasley?" Draco snapped at her.

I rolled my eyes. "Shove off, Draco."

I didn't understand how sometimes Draco could be this nice, caring person but at other times he could be this cold, cruel person. It was as if had two personalities.

I approached the statue and muttered, "Lily." The statue moved aside, a staircase revealed behind it.

I turned around, and Draco was still standing there. "Go away, Draco," I hissed.

"You guys can't do this," he said firmly. "You can't."

"Go tell a teacher then!" I exclaimed in a whisper. "Go get us in trouble!"

"No, I wouldn't do that—"

"Leave then! You don't have to be apart of this. So either tell on us, or stay out of it," I stated.

He stayed there, rooted to the spot, thinking.

"Well?"

"I'm coming with you," he decided. "I'll help you."

"Absolutely not!" Ginny gasped.

I shook my head. "Draco, you don't even know what we're doing."

"Fill me in, then," he said.

I stared at him, still shaking my head. "Draco, just go back to the common room."

"Besides," he continued, ignoring me, "if we get caught by Snape, they'll be less punishment."

"He has a point," Luna whispered.

I stood there, debating. Draco was right, Snape favored him, and if we got caught, the punishment would be lessened.

"Fine, you can come," I said.

"Now wait just a minute!" Ginny exclaimed. "Malfoy's not coming, Evangeline. I mean, look who we're talking about. You don't know Draco, but we do. He's tormented us for years."

"I'm right here, you know," Draco said exasperatedly.

Ginny glared at him, and then looked back at me. "He's lying, he's not trying to help us. He's just going to go running to Snape the second he has the chance."

Draco let out a loud sigh. "Look, I get that you don't trust me, okay, I really do. But I really am trying to help you guys." He looked at me. "You trust me, don't you, Evangeline?"

I flicked my eyes between Ginny and Draco before saying, "Yes. I trust you."

"But—"

"It's fine, Ginny," Neville said with a smirk. "If he's lying, you can just use your Bat Bogey Hex on him."

"Yep," Draco said, smiling. "You have full permission to hex me if I'm lying."

"Alright then," Ginny muttered. "Let's just go. We've wasted enough time already."

And with that, we ascended up the stairs.