Clover raised an eyebrow, but simply said, "YO! FIRST ONE THERE GETS TO PICK THE RACE COURSE!"

"THIS ISN'T FAIR! I HAVE A GUITAR!" Luke shrieked as everyone took off.

Chuckling, Hazelle looked up at Ashton. "How are you, really?" she asked.

He shrugged. "Meh."

"Have you seen him recently?"

Ashton shook his head. "No. But I-" he cut off.

Hazelle looked at him with concern. "What?"

"I'm scared he's going to come back," he muttered reluctantly.

Hazelle took his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "Your medication will help with that," she said firmly. "And your will. You don't want to see him."

Ashton was silent.

Hazelle's eyebrows furrowed together. "You don't want to see him, right?"

He shrugged.

She groaned. "Oh, no, please, not another Harry."

"I'm not in love with Niall," Ashton said quietly. "It's just, he was my best friend for a long time. My only friend. Even though he's kind of different now, it still feels right when he's here."

"He's not real," she whispered.

Ashton let go of her hand and ran his fingers through his hair, sighing in frustration. "I know, and it pisses me off."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine, and then you'll be able to come out and see how badly Luke sucks at Rainbow Road. Although, I'm starting to think he's losing on purpose so that Michael can play," Hazelle said thoughtfully. "Well, I have to go visit Harry, but we'll all be back soon, okay?"

Ashton nodded silently, and Hazelle gave him one last smile before walking out.

-

"You're insane."

"You're the psychotic one who wanted to kill Ashton."

"I want to kill a lot of people who hurt you."

"Ashton never hurt me, you freak."

"Don't call me a freak, darling. I love you. I'm sorry I upset you."

"I don't want to hurt anyone."

"But baby, isn't it better to hurt them before they can hurt us?"

"I love you, you know I do, but Lou, we can't do that."

"Harry-"

"Sh! Someone's coming!"

"He's not doing very well," Harry heard the nurse say on the other side of his door. "You have to be careful."

"Hazelle."

Harry wasn't sure which of them said the name.

"I know. I'll be careful."

The door opened slowly, and Harry stared as Hazelle walked in. "Hey, Harry," she said quietly, lingering by the door.

Harry waved weakly. "Hi."

"Why are you being nice?" Louis hissed, pacing back and forth.

Harry followed Louis with his eyes. "She hasn't done anything, babe," he said quietly.

Louis made a noise of anger and shook his head, continuing to pace back and forth.

"Harry? How are you?"