Plan Make-Her-Popular

Start from the beginning

Well, that escalated quickly. "Sounds great. I'll try to make it there.", I agreed.

"Your accent is adorable!", she squealed.

More compliments. When's this bloody girl gonna shut up?

"Thank you!", I smiled again.

"So your from England?", she said enthusiastically. Her eyes were wide with excitement as if she had just accomplished something wonderful.

"Yeah, the UK.", I said.

"Coolness!", she exclaimed.

"What?", I asked. I was befuddled. 'Coolness' was never a thing.

"You've never heard that before? It's like cool. But with a 'ness' at the end. Sounds so more....enthusiastic!", she explained. I noticed that she made wild hand gestures when she spoke.

"I see.", I nodded. My voice trailed away when the classroom door opened and the teacher came in, her purse practically creating a trail of items that fell out of it. She set her purse down and ran back to collect her various cosmetics and lady products that were scattered around.

"Sorry I'm late class. I had a bit of an issue with the copy machine.", she explained.

"Welcome to 12th grade calculus! Ready to have some fun?", she cried with fake enthusiasm.

The entire class moaned. The woman shrugged and wrote her name on the white board.

"I'm Mrs. Weldon.", she stated promptly.

"So today I'm just going to be handing out materials. You know, workbooks, textbooks, papers.", she announced. "You can all speak quietly with your neighbors."

"So where should we go after class?", Farrah asked.

"I dunno, it's my first day.", I told her.

"How about the girls bathroom? There's always Marylyn, the keeper of all the school's juicy gossip and in charge of dishing it out.", Farrah smiled and bit her lip.

"I guess that sounds decent.", I shrugged.

"Okay, then it's settled.", Farrah said, whipping out her phone. I immediately turned around and scanned for Mrs. Weldon. She was right there, but didn't seem to notice.

"Meet Ash and I at Marylyn corner.", she whispered. Ash? Did I ever acknowledge a nickname?

"KK", said the text back. I realized the text was from Annalee.

" 'Kay babe, we're gonna meet my friend Annalee there. You should know her by now. BTW, we are like the most popular bitches in this school. So she's like, so in. As in popular.", she explained. I furrowed my eyebrows as I though of hanging out with the most popular "bitches" in the school.

"Don't worry babe, we aren't bitches. It's just cool to say that!", Farrah said. She had obviously seen my worried expression.

I didn't understand. How could a girl with such a thick head be in 12th grade calculus?! I don't know, maybe that's just how popular girls work.

Chapter 2

I made my way down the hall when the bell rang. I had just gotten Farrah's text, and I was so ready to up my status even more. I waved at everybody in the hall, and they practically grabbed at the air the I mixed around with my waving hand. Some even walked behind me and smelled my hair. I have to admit, I absolutely love being at the top. The fame, the friends, the lifestyle. Everyone wanted to be me! It's not my fault that the haters do what they do: hate. I've got the hair, the body, even the boyfriend! Truth be told, I wasn't always popular. I was a weirdo. But just in 6th grade. My hair fluttered as I turned the corner.