05

"… we have bad dreams
because our brain is trying to protect us… If we can figure out a way to beat the imaginary monsters … Then the real monsters don’t seem so scary… That’s why we like reading scary stories."

-Dan Poblocki

Megan's POV

I stood speechless in the streets of Hawaii. That g-guy repeated something to me that's been on my mind for a long time. Okay, I need a serious trip to the nearest bar. My body slowly began become aware of the surroundings.

"Whatever is going on has nothing to do with you, Megan. That was some crazy air sniffing guy who most likely ran away from home or fell out a tree when he was a young boy." I rant to myself.

A lady gave me wierd looks as she walked into the grocery store next to me. Do I really sound that crazy? I run a hand through my multi-colored hair and storm back down the alley where the man ran off to. This is really dangerous but some answers need to be heard.

The smell was very wretched, almost as if someone left year old tuna salad out on their porch. I cover my nose and turn in circles to get some clue as to where 'mystery man' was. Chills ran up my back when the feeling of someone standing behind me built up. I slowly turn around and stand there was the guy from before. Only this time he had blood smeared on his mouth.

"AHHHH!" I screamed, backing up as fast as I could. His head tilts to the side, almost as if he was observing me. Something trips me, causing me to plop on the slimy wet concrete. Great, I'm never wearing these jeans or underwear again.

"I-I know a really great lawyer and if you come near me then I will call him." I threaten weakly.

"Really, you think a petty little lawyer would scare me? Megan I'm older than any lawyer ever alive-existed even. What do you want anyways? I was kinda busy feeding on someone but you came once again to fuck everything up." He growled.

Feeding on someone?! What does that suppose to mean?

"Look sir, I mean no harm to anyone, just please don't hurt me-" I immediately stop when something clicks in my heads.

The mystery dude circles around me while wiping the left over blood off his bottom lip. This dude can't possible hurt me because...well I'm not exactly sure on that part but, there is a certain pull to this wierd guy I can't explain.

"So, do you really want to know what's going on before someone tries to kill both of us?"

"Of course."

***