bitchin expostion

middle school. full of trails and tribulations, but it always had its golden moments. everyone remembers when they met their middle school best friend. in the sea of confusion and hormones, they were a constant reassurance that the other wasn't crazy. natalia first met him when he came over to her brothers house for a project. she was messing around with her i pod touch when her brother nick barged in the door.

"hey nat some guy from my history class is here and he might be staying for dinner so like don't be a loser okay?" he mentioned, while grabbing her fun pencil that changes color. she scoffs.

"if anything you're the loser, nick. i feel bad for the guy that got you as a partner. and give me back that pencil you know it's my favorite!" natalia protested, hopping off the bed to get it back.

"you'll have to chase me for it!" he shouted, sprinting out of her room. nat immediately went after him, chasing him all throughout the living room and kitchen trying to get the pencil back from her brother. the two siblings almost forgot that there was someone sitting in the living room on one of the couches, as they were currently playing tug of war with the pencil, when they heard someone clearing their throat.

"as much as i'd like to see you guys fight over a pencil we kinda have work to do you know?" the mystery boy from nicks school states. she watchs him pull out a pencil from his bag, and she widened her eyes because he had a pencil just like hers. when he does this, natalia has a good look at him. he was a small, but lanky little boy, with fair skin and bright blone hair, splayed everywhere with messy fringe. he had on a tank top and shorts because they were no longer at school. 

"but i have my own cool pencil we could use nick," he offered. nick and nat drop their hands and nick lets his sister have it.

"he has a pencil just like mine nick!" nat squeals. it was her favorite pencil, and she just found a pencil buddy.

"oh right," nick laughs. he chuckles at himself for forgetting. "this is my sister natalia."the boy must've been too busy fiddling with the pencil because it seemed that he didn't listen at first. he looks up at the both of them.

"did you say talia? thats a dope name." people called her nat for all her life, so when natalia heard him say it she naturally went to correct him.

"nope, it's natlia. natalia wells. my friends call me nat though, not talia." he shrugs. nick starts making his way to his room, nat assumed to start working on the project so the boy follows him. just before he enters the room natalias new pencil buddy turns around and waves a good bye to the silly girl that was the sister of his classmate.

"too bad. talias a nice name. anyways 'm luke. luke hemmings. it's nice to meet you talia." he smiled and shut the door behind them.

no amount of steak and mashed potatoes that the well's mom made for dinner that night for the three kids could've prepared them for the life they would come to know.  luke comes over more and more for projects as the years go on, but eventually he would come over just to hang out. natalia and luke became best friends throughout the process. every body went through hardships in middle school, and the wells family was no exception. around christmas time, natalia and nicks dad passed away from heart failure and their world was never the same at home. nat had to endure christmas morning without her dad waking her up before she even wanted to because he loved christmas just that much. luke was there for natalia every minute she needed until she recognized with help from her family and luke that her fun loving dad would hate to see her put her life on hold because of him at such a young age christmas was never the same after. the constant in her life was luke and she was grateful for her brother just this one time for bringing him into her life. luke was in a band with some of his friends, and she would watch them practice at his house. she loved watching them cause she felt like their biggest fan and wanted to support luke through anything, just like he had done for her. he slept over with nick all the time and the three of them would have movie nights. the trio would have days where they would hang out outside till it was dark and they would lay on the grass, the three of them, and talk about what life would be like as high schoolers. once high school actually rolled around is where things got interesting for the childhood best friends. they had grown up and things we're slightly different. natalia blossomed into a beautiful girl but her undercover silly personality remained, and luke had definitely noticed. natalia realized when he would leave their house after hanging out, that luke was starting to get more and more cuter as she hung out with him and she didn't know what to do. freshman year natalia and luke liked each other so much but neither of them would admit it out loud, which drove everyone around them crazy. but when nick literally begged him to ask his sister to homecoming so he could stop watching the two of them be awkward around each other, it started something great. she was wearing a pretty dress that her mom had got her and she thought luke was the handsomest thing with his matching tie natalia well remember that night for a long time. they had their first kiss in the school courtyard with all the roses around them. it was short and neither of them knew what it was supposed to be like but the two of them felt like that was pretty close. luke and natalia started dating for real since that night. and had many... firsts after that. what could they say? they were in high school. luke was always so surprised that nick was so supportive. normally the brother blocked off their sisters but he encouraged it, and luke was all the more grateful. the two of them were figuring each other out throughout their high school years. natalia noticed that luke relied on physical appreciation, like hugging, holding hands and things of that nature and that he tries really hard on dates and he loves being read to. natalia loved taking naps, and baking with him when he wanted to. and she relied on pinky promises, swore by them no matter the situation.

around this time, lukes band became increasingly popular and he was playing at venues in the town that were getting bigger and bigger as time went one. natalia went to every one, nick tagging along sometimes. she was so proud. of course she was over the moon for him, when juinor year hit, one of the band members from one direction actually tweeted about their band! the couple was laying together on the couch in his living room when the notifcation rang on his phone. they jumped up and down and shouted and hugged. luke separated from the hug and looked down at his girl and pressed his lips to hers and he dropped the three words she had been unconciously been waiting for.

"i love you talia." she had the most stupid smile on her face even though her interior processing was screaming at the revelation of his words.

"i love you most." she replied.

a couple of months went by and luke was rolling in fame and decisions. the childhood best friends stood at the airport together. sadness pounding against their ribcages. he was going to los angeles for record lable discussions.

"it's only for a week, plus i'll text you and facetime you loads! i love you tals, that much i know, and when our band gets big, im going to be your sugar daddy, i cross my heart." he said with a smirk.

it was an inside joke of theirs. luke got his first job before natalia did and they joked around one night saying that luke was gonna be natalias sugar daddy, when her 3 year old cousin who was over that night as he was at dinner asked what it was, the entire group busted out in laughter. natalia snorted at the memory.

"living here in sydney is not gonna be the same without you. who's gonna hit nick when he's talking during the movie?," she whined.

"you easily could and you know it," he retorted back, playing with her hair. "it's too much energy." she replied lazily, looking up at him, and smiling at his own smile. the overhead annoucement called luke's flight to board and dread consumed talias entire body. luke noticed and pretended he wasn't feeling the same way for her sake.

"look at me, love. we'll be alright. i love you talia." he told her in a hushed tone, squeezing her hand slightly. tears pooled in talias eyes before responding back.

"i love you most, luke." the feeling of luke letting go of her waist withdrew the warmth and made her shudder. they walked together until she couldn't anymore, watching him ride the escalator up. he turned back around and smiled at her one last time before pursuing his dreams. safe to say the two of them went through a lot. childhood friends to lovers, with everything inbetween. the one thing that never changed was that luke called her talia.

they texted the whole first two days, but when the time zones got the best of them, there was a lull of conversation. natalia had to look and see how luke was doing through a screen on everybodys social media. calum, michael and ashton and even luke himself. after the week he was supposed to come back, talia went to the airport and waited for him for 4 hours. the whole time she kept texting him but nothing was going through. she soon found out that day in the airport was the last time she would see him for a while.