Prologue

HAVE COURAGE YOUNG LION, AND YOU WILL BECOME GREAT!!!!
-------------------------------------------
I was new to the town, I always was. My parents moved around, and I never questioned them. When they said we'd be staying in this area for at least 10 years, my heart leaped, I could actually make friends here. Not that anyone would want to be friends with me.

I stood by the door to my sixth grade classroom. I shuffled In and waited for the teacher to introduce me, then I looked around for a seat. A cute boy waved his hand and guesstures to the empty seat next to him. I was nearly petrified, a boy, a cute boy wanted me to sit next to him? I shook myself back to the present and walked awkwardly to the seat next to the boy, trying to keep my face covered with my hair.

"Hi, the name's Adam," the boy said. I nodded,"what's your name newbie?"

"My name is Ivy," I replied, I still never understood why my parents named me after plants. "Could you show me around?"

"Sure! Why not?" Adam replied enthusiastically.

During recess, Adam dragged me over to the only tree on the field. I laughed at the sight of the lone tree, thinking about how much it reminded my of myself, lonely, with no one there for me.

When we reached the tree, I saw six people our age talking to each other. I heard them quiet down into an uncomfortable silence as Adam and I got closer. "This," I heard Adam speak between breaths,"is Ivy, she's new here."

"Yeah, I figured," scoffed a brown haired boy wearing an orange hat.

The girls closed in on me, like lions would do a gazelle. "Ignore Tyler, Ivy. My name is Mariah." Said a girl who looked like she had a sense of humor.

"I'm Sara," the blonde said.

"And I'm Kloey," what looked like the shyest girl said. "Nice to meet you."

"Alright,"Adam announced,"the girls introduced themselves, now,"he paused tramatically,"for the boys,"he said with a flourish. "This is Tyler," he said pointing to the one who was rude to me,"this is Zane,"he directed his hand towards a boy who looked like the troublemaker,"and this, is Marco,"pointing to the shy boy by the tree", and you know me! Now you know seven people on your first day of school!"
~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
That was the start to a beautiful friendship, I learned that the guys were tolerable, and the girls each had their own style. I got in trouble with them, went to parties with them, saw movies with them. And I never regretted my friendship, ever.

Until 10th grade.