1: Detentiblah

Jen's POV
Monday, 10:27 A.M.

"MISS LEDGER! Stop doodling on your quiz right now! This is an academic environment blah blah blah blah blah-"
At this point I've learned how to tune out Ms. Germell's crazy rants about my doodling and rock music and how all men are evil and how "yoUR DOODLING IS MAKING THIS CLASSROOM AN UNSAFE LEARNING ENVIROBLAH BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE DETENTIBLAH."

Great. Detentiblah during the third week of school. Naturally. A few kids in the class snicker at my misfortune and I sigh, looking down at the small angel I've doodled in the margin of my paper. I already finished the test so I didn't think it'd matter. "Yeah, okay. Won't happen again," I say, looking up into Ms. Germell's narrow face.

"Detention. After school. Today. Mr. Knapp's classroom. Do you know where that is?" she snaps.

"Mhmm," I reply, nodding. The class starts to stir, packing their belongings into their backpacks as the clock nears 10:35, signifying the period's end.

Ms. Germell finally leaves my desk and I begin putting my papers into my bag. As soon as the bell rings I jump up from my seat, hand in my quiz, and rush out of the door, brushing past my classmates. I hate AP U.S. History with that nutjob of a teacher directing it. God knows why the school still keeps such a teacher.

I notice my short best friend catch up from behind and start walking beside me. "Hey, Kor," I say, smiling at her.

"Hi, Jen," Korey says. "What's up?"

"Just got a detention from my favourite teacher," I sigh.

"What did you do?" she asks quizzically.

We stop walking at my locker. I spin my combination, put in my books, then relock it. "I was just drawing on my test."

"That's stupid!" Korey protests. "Did she even say anything after seeing what an awesome artist you are?"

I smile at her compliment, "Thank you, but nope. It is stupid, but there's nothing I can do about it. The woman's crazy!" I say, laughing softly.

I become aware of a dark haired girl who is even shorter than Korey walking past us. She clutches two textbooks in her arms and is staring into space blankly. "Hi, Lacey," I call to her. She stops in her tracks as I break her from her reverie, then she turns and walks over to us, smiling warmly.

"Hey, guys!" Lacey says. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Just stressed with back-to-school stuff," Korey replies with a smile.

"Yeah, me too. It's no fun. And you, Jen?" Lacey asks.

"I'm fine, thanks. Just got a detention from my AP History teacher," I say with a sigh and a small smile.

"Really? What for?"

"Nothing, really. I just drew on my paper," I reply.

"That's lame," Lacey says. "Anyway, I've got to get to class. See ya!" She rushes past us and turns a corner, disappearing from our sight.

"Why is she so anxious?" I ask Korey, curious about my friend's motivation to get to class so quickly.

"It must be her crush, Josh. I think he's in her next class," she says with a sparkle in her blue eyes.

I grin. "Oooh, I see. Got it."

"Anyway, we should get going to our classes, too," Korey sighs. "See ya."

"Yep, see you," I say and turn to walk to the last class of the day.

(A/N SORRY FOR THE SHORT BORING CHAPTER! Things will pick up next chapter, I promise! And there will be some Jorey, Bennifer, Sethlary, LaceyxJosh(idk their ship name) and a lot more ships. Seriously, there's too many ships to count. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy!)