6: Rest

Jen's POV
Friday, 11:07 P.M.

We decide to stay overnight at the hospital because all of us are too stressed to go home and sleep anyway. Hilary's parents are spending a lot of time trying to figure out the costs of the medical bills and signing papers. "I can help pay for her bills," Seth offers, "I have paychecks saved from work."

"Me, too," I add, but they shake their heads and smile kindly at us.

"That's sweet of you both, but it looks like the insurance will pay for most of it," they say.

So John, Korey, Seth, Ben and I just sit in the waiting area. Four chairs line each of two open white walls. John immediately makes up a lame excuse to sit next to Korey ("I--um, I'm allergic to anyone taller than 5'3-ish."), Seth sits by John but with one chair between them, and Ben and I get wall two to ourselves. I choose to sit next to him.

"You should sleep," he suggests, but I shake my head.

"I'm not tired," I say.

Ben shrugs. "My shoulder is always available," he says, smiling at me.

"I might take you up on that offer, just not right now." I smile at him.

After a while I pull out my phone and check my messages to see a message from Lacey.

From: Lacey
Is everyone okay?!! Any news on Hilary??

To: Lacey
We're staying the night waiting at the hospital for any changes with Hilary. No one else is hurt and we think she's going to recover--75% chance.

"It's Lacey," I tell Ben, smiling at him looking over my shoulder.

From: Lacey
Thank goodness you're all okay... Text me if anything changes, and if it does I'll be on my way! Unless I'm asleep.

Ben pokes me in the shoulder and points in John and Kor's direction. I look across at them. Korey's head is resting on John's shoulder with her eyes closed, and he seems quite pleased by this. He then fakes a yawn and slowly wraps his arm around her, smirking mischievously all the while. Korey smiles, her eyes still closed.

I look at Ben and giggle. "I think they like each other," I say softly.

"No kidding," he chuckles. "Seth's asleep."

"Is he really? That was fast."

"Yup. Want to get some food?" he asks.

"Yes, please, I'm starving," I agree.

*****

After a quick trip to the Hospital's "food court", (which was really much more like a little corner with a bunch of assorted fruits and pastries and bread) Ben and I get back to the waiting area with our hands full of muffins and cereal bars. We stuff ourselves with the food before setting two extra muffins and cereal bars on the table.

"Well, looks like one of them won't get a muffin or a bar," I point out, referring to John, Kor, and Seth.

"I'm sure John will be eager to share with Korey, anyway," Ben chuckles.

"That's true," I laugh, and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Tired?" he asks.

"I am now," I reply.

"Me too. I'm going to try to sleep in this chair... are you warm enough?" Ben asks.

"I'm okay, thanks," I say as my eyes start to flutter shut. I feel Ben's arm go around my shoulders. At least he didn't do the yawn thing.

"'Night, Jen," he says softly.

"See you in the morning," I mumble, half asleep.

(A/N - Sorry for the lame chapter Lol it was such a filler but hEY IT HAD JOREY AND BENNIFER! And I know they've been in the hospital for like 59395930 years, they'll get out next chapter! Stick around til then, and thank you for the reads! :D - Jayden)