Chapter 8

It was funny Zeref thought, his mother wouldn't bat an eye at him missing dinner but if he missed a lesson it was as if hell was being raised at her feet. As soon as he came into view of the house she came screaming out the front door breaking it down.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU MISSED YOUR LESSON. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU SINCE NOON."

Seeing his mother like this almost made Zeref want to laugh. She couldn't get to him no matter how hard she beat him. There was no leverage for her to use anymore. The only one he cared about was gone. It didn't take long for his mother to realize this.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"Where's who?" Zeref thought to play with her see how angry he could get her.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about. That little thing you care about so much where is he?"

An idea struck Zeref. "He's long gone thanks to you. A dragon took him away. You'll never see him again." 

"Impossible." His mother's voice was low in an angry whisper. She was right, there was no possible way a dragon would take Natsu and Natsu still be alive. Yet Zeref stayed firm.

"It's true. You will never see him again. Your playing card is gone." Suddenly pain swept through Zeref's body. A thousands suns felt like they were burning away his skin, like knives were tearing away at his insides.

"Think your clever you little brat." His mother sneered walking towards him. It looked as if she was doing nothing but a single finger doing a tapping motion against her thigh, "That boy is mine. Mine to deal with mine to manipulate."

"What...what are you doing to me?" Zeref was barely able to keep consciousness as he choked out the words.

"Oh, I'm sorry am I hurting you?" she taunted. "This is what happens when you doubt someone. You should know more about a person before you go against them. There's more than just magic in this world, you should of learned curses before playing your little trick against me. I will find what you call a brother I will tear him down to nothing and build him back up my way, our way" Zeref's father stepped out of the shadows of the house and joined his mother in the curse.

"No," Zeref whispered.

"What was that? No?" they mocked back at him.

"NO," Zeref screamed. Both his parents were sent flying backwards in a wave of magic that was filed with rage. "You will not track him." A dark violet  sphere formed around his finger tips. "You will not hurt him" The sphere encased his arm. "You will not see him." The sphere had now grown around his torso building faster. "Nor will you hear him or of him ever again. The knowledge you have of him ends." Zeref was engulfed in the violet sphere his eyes were glowing blood red. "Because your life ends here!" The sphere broke in a wave spreading out for miles killing the surrounding forrest and anything in it.

Zeref collapsed breathing heavily his eyes still glowing red. Surrounding him was nothing but black and grey. He stood up and turned, his back facing the only living thing for miles, walking away from the life he once knew.