Chapter 6

Several weeks have past since the fight and Natsu just awoke a few days ago. When he did the original dark green color was back in his eyes but he was confused. He felt as if he had done something wrong. He kept on trying to ask Zeref but Zeref ignored any question related to the topic.

"Come on Zeref just tell me what happened? I wanna know what I did. Why won't you talk? Why won't anyone tell me?" Natsu cried.

"Because what you did wasn't you, you weren't Natsu." Zeref replied.

"What what do you mean I wasn't me?"

"I thought I told you I didn't want to talk about this." Zeref turned and stormed out of the house. Why couldn't Natsu just let it go? It was hard enough trying to find a way to get him out of the house let alone run away. Zeref walked out to the forest to the hollowed out tree. For the past several weeks every day Zeref had been looking for a place near by to hide Natsu. He decided the tree would be the perfect place, the only trouble is Zeref didn't know how to make sure Natsu didn't get found. He'd been studying runes but he was getting nowhere with them. They were more complicated than any other magic he learned the writing had to be accurate and it was complicated. Every time he tried he failed, it was frustrating.

He couldn't ask his parents, he couldn't trust them and he was trying to keep Natsu away from them. But trying to keep Natsu away from them was proving to be difficult. Zeref couldn't be alone with Natsu or he would ask to many questions nor could Zeref leave Natsu alone otherwise his parents might find him. He yelled out in frustration frightening a flocks of birds from the trees. He would just have to keep trying runes until he could get it right.

------------------------

It's been several weeks and Natsu is still questioning Zeref about the fight. Zeref decided the best thing to do it leave Natsu alone while he went out to the tree and studied. By now he could keep a barrier up for a little over a week and his fighting skills were improved. With his lessons resumed Zeref had been getting stronger and found out about his mother's side work.

She tracked dragons for the kingdom and then the kingdom hired Zeref's father to hunt them down. From what Zeref knew the dragons were ruthless killers with amazing powers. His father had scars over his body to prove it. Zeref would have to make sure that the barrier for Zeref was strong enough to withstand that power.