(31) Downhill

Arrow

"You idiots!" I laughed. I'm currently in the great hall with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise. They are all currently fighting over who is considered my best friend.

"Guys we should just give up. It's obvious that it's Draco." Blaise answered bringing the arguing to an end. I burst into another fit of laughter when Crabbe and Goyle sighed in disappointment.

"I personally think brothers don't count. Don't give up yet boys." Draco laughed. Blaise was about to respond but we heard arguing coming from the hall. The 5 of us and a large group of other students quickly got up and rushed into the great hall to see what's going on.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" It's Mcgonagall and Umbridge, they are on the steps arguing about something while the students watched.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Professor Mcgonagol stated. They're arguing over what happened with Potter.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge walked up a few steps.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear, but to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

Professor Mcgonagoll stepped down a few steps before speaking. "Disloyalty"

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action. "

•••

I watched as Filch hammered in a nail into the old stone wall of the school. He hung on the first of many new rules to come.

The school is changing. Dumbledore is gone and Umbridge is taking charge of the school. She patrols the halls and makes sure everyone follows her new rules. She's been questioning all the teachers during classes.

Everyday Filch hangs new rules on the walls. Draco and I found it hilarious while she was questioning out divination teacher.

Draco and I were busying ourselves outside when Goyle told us to go to the front courtyard. Students were gathered all around and in the middle stood Professor Trewlany and Umbridge. Filch carried out her bags and Umbridge walked out towards Trewlany. 

The poor teacher stumbled over her bags before speaking. "Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this." She started crying, I can't blame her honestly and Trewlany was one of my favorite teachers. She's indeed a bit crazy but she's a great teacher.

"Actually, I can." Umbridge said while holding  up a folded parchment. I noticed Mcgonagall push through a few students and run out to Professor Trewlany.

Mcgonagall hugged her as Trewlany cried and muttered somethings I couldn't hear.

"Something you'd like to say?" Umbridge asked, keeping the smile on her face.

"Oh. there are several things I would like to say." Professor Mcgonagall responded while comforting the crying teacher. She was about to say more but Dumbledore appeared suddenly, making a dramatic entrance.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" He spoke

Trewlany looked relieved as she thanked Dumbledore before walking inside with McGonagall.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the minister." Umbridge spoke but was interrupted my Dumbledore.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

"For now." Her creepy smile grew bigger.

Dumbledore turned around and started walking back inside the castle. "Don't you all have studying to do?" We all walked back inside quickly.

"I was hoping to see that crazy teacher leave." Draco muttered, I elbowed him in the ribs. "What the hell was that for?" He squeaked. I rolled my eyes and said nothing.

•••

I busied myself with Monty when Draco came running into my room.

"Father is here to see you." He's what? Confused I stood up. I walked into the castle halls with Draco close behind me. Sure enough my father was out there waiting.

"Draco, go off and busy yourself somewhere else." My father said. Draco nodded and walked out. He spoke to me about something he wanted me to do. My eyes widened but I quickly agreed.

After father left I didn't want to go back into the common room. No doubt Draco will bombard me with questions. Instead I went up to the astronomy tower.

I sat with my legs hanging over the edge on the balcony, staring out at everything happening below.

"Enjoying the view?" A voice from behind me asked. I didn't even turn around as they took a seat beside me.

"I am now." I softly replied and turned to look at George. He smiled and put an arm around me. I leaned into his touch and rested my head up against him.

By now the sun is going down. We sat in a comfortable silence watching the sunset. The colors were painted across the sky in a relaxing pattern.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" George complimented and a blush spread across my cheeks. It's a good thing it's dark now. I looked down and started messing with the fabric of my shirt, not looking at anything else.

"You're not so bad yourself." I mumbled. What is happening to me? I've never been so shy.

This boy is going to be the end of me, I just know it.

Family Over Everythingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें