Chapter 2: The Power of Bonds!

Years later

Lute, Navirou who had joined our village some time ago, and I were screaming as we run from a monster. I can't go to any of my monster forms in front of Lute and Navirou. That would be dangerous and bad.

"This is your fault!" Lute says to Navirou as I leap over a log to keep running.

"No it's your fault!" Navirou replies as we keep running.

"No your fault!" Lute replies.

"No, it's your fault!" Navirou replies as we keep running, I hear the Gypceros roar and I run faster as do Lute and Navirou when they see it was gaining on us!

"You're the one who was all like, it's an egg! An egg!" Lute says as we leap over a rock but Navirou denies and says Lute was the one who is always going on about eggs!

"I only came along to keep you two out of trouble, but you attract trouble no matter what I do!" I say as I keep running, the Gypceros roars and we scream, running as fast as we can. But then a smoke bomb lands and I cough when it goes off.

"What just happened?" Lute asks as we were lead away by Lilila and Cheval.

"Thanks Lilila, Cheval." I say, thanking them for saving us, but Lute and Navirous were arguing....again.

"It's your fault, Navirou!" Lute snaps at Navirou.

"No, it's your fault, Lute!" Navirou snaps back.

"Your fault, your fault, your fault!" Lute snaps.

"No, no, no, your fault!" Navirou snaps before the two get in each other's face, growling and I sigh, shaking my head. Those two are worse than two Rathalos fighting over territory or mates.

"I wish those two would stop arguing with each other for a second so they can at least thank us for rescuing them, like Nikki did." Lilila says, Cheval nods in agreement.

"That was in no way my fault at all!" Lute and Navirou say in unison as they look at us.

"They're two of a kind alright." she says.

"Yep, they make quite a pair." Cheval agrees and I nod in agreement with a confirming hum, making Lute and Navirou look at each other confused.

"What does that mean?!" they demand in unison. We get walking after Lute and Navirou, looking around.

"Egg, where are you?!" Navirou calls and I roll my eyes.

"Navirou, you do know the egg is not going to answer you, right? Since it can't talk, I mean." I ask as we walk. But being around these friends of mine, is kinda fun no matter what comes at us, and it takes my mind off of my Papa. We keep walking and i discreetly sniff the air for the scent of an egg, tuning out the others, before hearing a growling stomach and I look at Lute.

"I'm so hungry..." he says.

"Hey, are you really picking up an egg or are we just strolling in the woods?" Lillia asks.

"No I really am. But I'm really hungry too." Lute replies, holding his stomach as he says it was no use and he was running out of energy.

"That's not good. We didn't bring anything to eat with us." Cheval says and I nod in agreement and Lillia crosses her arms.

"Ugh, fine! Hold on a sec, I'll be right back!" she says before running off and I think I know what she's doing.

"Oh please, no. I bet she's going to make me eat something disgusting again." Lute goans.