Chapter One

Mornings were always my favorite time of the day. I never liked the idea of waking up, but once I had I was happy. I lived in Ohio. Cold winters, warm summers. Spring and fall were always just the right temperature. I would wake up. Look out the window, and know everything was okay. The trees were still blowing in the wind, just like they always had. The birds were singing to one another. The cars raced down the street, riding to their destination. All of the little shops were full, and Starbucks was busy as always. My morning routine was still the same. Wake up, get dressed, comb my hair, put on a wee bit of makeup, then go to work. I worked at one of those little shops. It was called "Fair well". It was a very classy boutique. I wasn't the type to go there as a customer. I wasn't the same as the people who did. I wore leggings with boots, and long, cozy sweaters. I wasn't their kind, but I still treated them with respect. I didn't want to be them. I had no hatred or guilt towards them. Sure, they got annoying sometimes and were quite ditsy. But I envied that in a way. Of course they loved showing off what they had, but most likely they were drowning in debt and just savoring their things before it was all taken away. My boss, Maggie, Was very soft spoken. Such a kind women though. Very intelligent, very mentally and emotionally strong. She was like the sister I never had. Older of course. With me being twenty six and her age of thirty four. You might be thinking, why is a twenty six year old girl working at some fancy boutique instead of going to college? Well, I was. I attended at Ohio state university. There was just no possible way to pay for college without money coming in one way or another. Luckily Maggie took me in because I was really struggling with finding a job. My life sounds pretty cliche, I know. Or at least it used to.