The only thing i compleated in my life...

Mummy took me to the sweet shop, as she did every Friday. She had bought me two Curly Wurlys and a Galaxy bar, I was very happy then!! I wandered over to a corner where there were lots of sweets I had never heard of before, Hershey’s chocolate, Reese’s Pieces and Red Vines; they were American (how cool?) Then someone tapped me on the shoulder, it was an old man he said “I have lots of those in my van, do you like the look of them??” I nodded

He grabbed my arm and took me out of the shop. I was only five. I was screaming and shouting for mum but I knew she couldn’t hear me. He had said “oh do be quiet babe I have sweets in my van if you would like?” I knew at that point things were going to be bad. I had to grow up I thought. I was only five how was I going to do that? I was chucked into the back of his van, there was a Crunchie bar on the floor, I grabbed it and hid it in my pocket.

He turned around and grinned with his yellow rotten teeth, I could smell his breath from the back of the van it had smelt of a rotting carcass. I had to get a grip and think this couldn’t be the worse to come.

We rumbled down the road in the old rickety van, I was thinking about mummy she would be so worried about me, but I had to be independent and smart not like a little girl!

Now I am twenty-two and I did escape, but I will keep that till my grave. All I can say is it was cold, small and there were lots of children around me. I was in some sort of cardboard box with cellophane on the front. I had noticed I was wearing a small dress and blonde wig, but why? I had thought I was so naive back then.

I looked all the other children were the same they had stood very still with all the same fake smile on their faces.

I saw a note it had read...

Dear # 23475

You are addressed to stand still and smile until next instructed to.

From Ken

Xxxx

What was going on. I was so confused. It just didn’t make any sense what-so-ever.

As i said the next part will be taken to my grave.

One year later.....

It was my first day of school, I am called Nina. I guess nothing weird happened before now but it certainly wasn’t going to stay like that. You see i was home schooled before i went here so it was very strange indeed.

When you’re new people either judge you or they all want to be your friend. In my case it was neither they just ignored me like i wasn’t even there. Until a girl walked up to me and said softly.

“The first days always the worst come with me”

The girl was tall, very pale and had jet black hair she wore and lace skirt and coloured her tie in black. Surely she would be the only person that would take notice of me. So i followed eagerly behind her. She gathered a few of her friends that looked the same as her.

“Right if you want to be our friend you have to perform a sacred ritual” The first girl said.

“Dig up an old dead body” a yr seven said whilst jumping up and down happily.

I gasped and fell back into my seat. I guess i had no choice.

We entered the grave yard and i picked up a shovel and went to the nearest gravestone and started to dig. It said...

Amelia Stone

Age 23

2012

I guess the fresher the better??

As the lid of the coffin opened i saw a piece of paper on the decaying body.

“Read it, read it”

My so called ‘friends’ called out to me I had to peer presser is annoying so i read out.

“It had been 13 years i was 18 and practically skin and bones.

Ken had left for more than 20 minutes this was strange for him. I had noticed a hole in the box, so i scrabbled and i got out i was free. So i ran and ran it was i vial place i was in. I hadn’t seen mum for over 13 years, i wonder what she would think of me. But a few days after looking for her i had found out she had killed herself a year after i had disappeared i was the only thing her life.