Their First Encounter

Hirawa was walking down the street, it was midnight and this part of the town didn't have many streetlights and the ones it did were flickering and could just stop working at any moment.

"man, I need to stop going out so late"

He said to himself as he looked up at the sky, you couldn't really see many stars here but he did see one wait no that's an airplane. The moon was full tonight and shining brightly. All of a sudden hirawa heard a loud scream from the alleyway next to him but when it stopped he didn't hear another one but he was still concerned and something inside him told him to go in though he didn't want to.

Hirawas body started moving on its own as he ran into the alleyway. It was pitch black he could barely see anything other then the outlines of a couple of trasbags and dumpsters near the wall but that smell he just couldn't shake it off.

"was I hearing things?"

He asked himself looking around but then he heard something fall next to him, he looked down and saw what looked like a knife.

"that was a warning shot, get out of here and just forget about this okay?"

A hooded figure said with a very distorted voice as it came out of the darkness, this person had blood on its black hood and a bloody toothed knife but that didn't scare him but what did was the dead body she was dragging.

Their eyes locked, the figures icy blue ones narrowed while waiting for him to to make a move but he just stood there, eyes wide staring at the person not sure what to think. He was in shock and the smell it was nauseating, he could feel the cold sweat dripping down his face.

"you-"

He managed to croak out but he brought his hand up immediately so he wouldn't throw up. Before he could even figure out what was happening the hooded figure had moved to the side. The raven haired boy looked down at the bloody man, he had multiple gashes in his back and shoulders, his legs and arms were most definitely broken maybe he could've lived but he had bled out.

That was their first encounter.

Hirawa was breathing heavily with his eyes wide, he'd seen a lot of blood and horrible injuries in his life but never a dead body although that wasn't exactly what scared him it was the fact that someone could take the life of another person so casually and have no remorse in their eyes.

He was shaking but he grabbed his left hand and squeezed it.

"I have to tell the police"

He said to himself. Now normally you would go to a hero agency but there were none in this town actually or that close to it, hirawa grabbed the knife that hooded figure had thrown at him.

Hirawa pulled out his phone which in fact had multiple cracks on it and was a really old version but he didn't really care all that much as he was grateful for what he had. Hirawa dialed the number for the police and waited till someone picked up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"hey kid you gotta come back to the station with us for questioning"

An officer said looking at hirawa who just nodded as he watched the dead man who was now on a stretcher with the sheet over him get pulled into the ambulance, the red and blue lights flashing.

"let's get going"

The officer said sighting pulling her cap down a bit.

"okay"

Hirawa said and followed the officer into the police car. Hirawa sat down and looked as if he was in his own little world, all he could think of was that persons eyes and how they held no regret actually no emotion at all. Now that was weird because he heard that people like that felt some type of thrill or excitement maybe even a bit of regret but he saw nothing as if that person just didn't care about what they just did at all.

The next thing he knew the car had stopped and the officer had gotten out pulling the door open for him, he got out and followed her into the police station. There was a reception area with a couple of seats but they had walked into the hallway, they continued walking making many twists and turns but they stopped at a door at the end of the hallway.

The officer opened the door revealing a room with two chairs, a table and one light above the table. The officer gestured for him to go in and he did. Hirawa took a seat.

"okay kid, you mentioned you saw the person who killed him right? I want you to try and give me the best description you can of them okay"

The officer said taking a seat in front of him with her hands on the table clasped together.

"I couldn't really see much since it was dark but they had blue eyes, must've been around 5'6 or 5'5 without the platform boots they had on. They were wearing a hood but I did see a couple of strands of red hair falling out"

Hirawa said and the officer nodded.

"oh and they did throw a knife at me"

Hirawa said pulling the knife the person threw at him out of his pocket and placed it on the table. Now that there was some light he could see a design of roses in gold on the leather handle. The officer stared at it with her lips pressed in a thin line.

"God damn it"

She mumbled to herself putting her chin on her fist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"what was I thinking that knife was never going to even get close to hitting him, now people are going to know I'm here"

A red haired woman said to herself sitting ontop of a roof looking up at the moon.

"all because of that idiot"

She said to herself slamming her fist down on the roof in anger.

"but it's not like they'll find me in time"

She said sighing. The red haired woman got up and jumped off the roof and onto the sidewalk, landing on her feet slightly crouched down. She shoved her hands into her pockets and started walking.