Fight Or Perish

In girls' world, things are different

It's fight or perish...

Let your voice be heard, let yourself shine, they say, don't limit your potentiel. Lies; all men do is lie. Because no matter how much a woman fights, she will never be a man's equal.

In the sports' world, things are different.

Men are stronger, taller, they're built different, they have muscles, they have power...they have it all.

Sure, Karasuno High school has their own girls' team but you were perceived as amateurs, nothing more nothing less.

The boys' team is the real deal.

It came to you as a shock when you heard they were looking for a female player. As dramatic as it may sound, this decision seems revolutionary yet far from achieving the idealistic standard you hope for in the sports domaine.

Truth to be told, It wasn't a choice. The Karasuno volleyball team, just like the other high school teams, are forced to include at least 1 female player, all thanks to the the sports' president's announcement that wants to enforce female participation and representation in a field ruled by testosterone.

It's not like he's actually a feminist. He's probably anything but that, he simply wishes to give the illusion that he actually cares and he only seeks to benefit himself in the first place by bettering his image in the public's eyes.

In all honestly, the details of this sudden annoucement don't matter to you.

For now, you want that spot in the Boys' team. You are dying to obtain it, claim it for yourself. You are willing to do anything it takes to play with the boys, and possibly face good worthy opponents?

Like I said, in the girls' world, things are very different. The girls' team isn't the worst but it lacks in a lot of aspects.

One, your teammates, including you, have lost the will to fight. Literally, no one shows up at your games, no one wants to see a bunch of girls playing with balls, except for the random perverts that only seek pleasure in the sight of numerous pairs of breasts bouncing.

Two, half of you don't actually show up to practice because of reason number one.

Three, and as harsh as it may be, you have to put twice the effort to reach the minimum. Not only do you skip practice, you have the physique of a melted marshmallow or a rotten banana. You choose what description fits you best.

Regardless of the lack of motivation, the girls, for some unknown mysterious reason, still want to fight. It's honestly the only reason your team hasn't completely gone downhill. Thus why, you're not surprised to see half of the girls applying to try out for the boys' team.

You even caught a glimpse of your ex-girlfriend who swore she'd never play volleyball again.

Sadly, as much as you care for them and they care for you, this is now a competition. Earlier, you said hello, you chatted a little bit and agreed to fight honorably and not hold any grudge against whoever gets into the team.