The Others: Part 2

Hey! I just uploaded a picture of Katrina Hasburg. Check it out. Please commet, vote, and fan. I would like at least one to two of each before I add a new chapter. Thanks!

***Chapter 2***

My name is Katrina Habsburg. 5' 4" with shoulder length ashy brown hair, golden brown eyes, and a tremendously pale complection. My body was built to last not crumple at the first sign if danger. You could call me pretty, but I wasn't a toothpick, nor did I ever want to be one.

It was my life that was not pretty. Stuck at the age of fourteen, every year was a struggle. It gradually got easier, but it all went downhill when my family started dieing. It was natural deaths, but it still hurt. It had kept tabs on them since that night.

The night I was turned into a vampire.

I learned quickly that the ones who had turned me were part of a vampire group who was slowly taking over the vampire world. I hated them.

I hated them because they took my life away. I thought I was the only one until i met The Others. I guess you could call them the resistance. I quickly found my place among them.

Even though I was newer to the goup than some, I was quickly put with the seven most loyal, best trained goup of vampires The Others had.

They were Brandon, Lily, Will, Paige, Fred, Halie, and David. They were the best out of the whole resistance. And I was one of them.

My hatred towards the Riltores ( the vampires that wanted to control everything.) was the only thing that got me in this group. Without any of my hatred, I would just be another vampire out on the street.

Throughout the years we have completed many successful missions, but now in the year 2011 we were losing a hopeless fight. We are now forced into hiding, only daring to come out when forced to.

*****

"Why," Brandon asked, " why do they even try to win?"

He was talking about a football team of course. It was the Packers versus the Steelers at the Super Bowl. The Packers were losing.

I was sitting by the window, watching the sunset. All the different shades if blue, yellow, and red were perfectly blended into a gate way to heaven. The crickets and frogs were chirping.

I got up and walked to the T.V. And went for the off button bit was time.

Brandon knew that it was time, but that doesn't mean he liked it. He opened his mouth to complain but I silenced him with a glare.

Night had fallen and it was time for us to go out. The one thing that myths got right was that vampires can't go out into the sunlight.

There were rings, though, that when spelled by a witch, they would protect you from turning into a pile of ashes.

I have a ring, but it was stolen years age by someone unknown. I dismissed it, saying that I liked the night better, which is true.