Chapter 43: Sudden Announcement

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I got one right here-" Roper looked at the clipboard, "No, I don't have a photo!" He snapped. "I have documentation that says Strut Jetstream lives in Propwash Junction." Roper talks while looking at the clipboard.

"Oh, whoa, whoa! Whoa, wait a minute! OK! Oh..." As Chug rolls his head, Robin bites his lips asking for please, "No... gosh, I-" Robin becomes increasingly annoyed and ill.

"Oh, hey, I'm Strut Jetstream." As Dusty comes, Chug stands next to Robin. And Robin sighs and looks at Chug disgustingly.

"Chug. His stage name?" When Robin gave a clear hint, "Oh yeah!" Chug remembered. "That's right!" As he laughs, and Robin leans his head, Dusty smiles impatiently. "I knew I'd remember." Chug behaves pretensely. "There he is, strutting on over here."

"But you're mispronouncing it slightly." Dusty says.

"I am?" Roper asks.

"Mmm-hmm." Dusty nods. "Yeah. It's actually pronounced... 'Dusty Crophopper'."

When Roper makes an expressionless face, "Dusty... Crophopper..." he repeats his name.

"Yeah. It's... Scandinavian." Dusty speaks clearly.

"Right, and I'm Egyptian." Roper talks sarcastically, then when he smells Dusty, he is disgusted and steps back. "GOOGLY MOOGLY! What is that smell?!"

"It's Vita-minamulch." Dusty replies with shame.

"Vita-mina-what?" Roper is confused.

Then, the old pesticide spreader 'Leadbottom' comes. "The finest-smellin' compost this side of the Mississippi Original, creamy and chunky style." Leadbottom inhaled. "Oh, yeah. Smell that? It's like daffodils and like Sunday dinner."

When Roper and the other kids also stared at him, he looked crazy, and they panicked. "I just love it. I love it." ' I got some minamulch, yeah! I got some minamulch, yeah! ' And Leadbottom leaves singing.

"Uh, that old airplane needs some help. Y'all know that, right?" Roper asked if he was absurd, and when he asked them, "Yeah..." everyone agrees.

"So, for what purpose did you come here?" Robin gives the point.

"Are you familiar with the racin' fuel additive, nitromethane?" Roper asks.

"Oh, yeah! Zip juice!" Chug knows what it is. "Go-go punch! That stuff will blur your vision and slur your speech-"

"It's illegal ." Roper makes the point.

"Totally illegal. Wouldn't know what it looks like. Yeah, you were sayin'?" Chug agrees and attempts to cover his knowledge.

"What about that?" Robin asks.

"The substance was found in the tank of the 5th place qualifier, Fonzarelli. Illegal fuel intake is an automatic DQ." Roper talks while looking at the clipboard.

"Wait, so you're sayin'..." Dusty was surprised to hear about him.

"He's out, you're in. Congratulations." Roper smiles.

Robin gasps. "You're in?" When Chug asks, Dusty nods. "He's in!" Chug shouts, whistles, and talks to everyone. "You're never goin' to believe this. He's in!" Everyone cheers, and Dottie is a bit startled.

"What? Are you serious?" Dottie asks.

"Whoo! Dusty!" Sparky cheers.

"You did it, Dusty!" Kevin was excited.

"Congratulations!" Lena also cheers.

"Don't do anything crazy. Fly safe." Dottie advises.

"Man, it's gonna be cool." Chug says. "You're gonna cross oceans thousands of miles wide."