Oblivious Boy.

She stared at the grey haired teen at her doorstep.
Why did ihave to be like this?

His bottom lip was trembling as his teeth chewed away at it, violet bags sat under his blood shot eyes.
He looked so fragile.

She sighed, ignoring the pang in her chest. She had seen this side of him a lot for the past two years, he was heartbroken and she was in love with him. He had been caught up in finding 'the one' and was often left alone, he would always go back to his best friend for help.

How could she refuse the man she loved?

"Sugawara-kun, don't cry. You'll find her one day." She embraced him in a hug, her heart started to race at the contact.

His head immediately buried into the crook of her neck, his silent sobs shook his body. She gently rubbed his back and whispered gently in his ear, telling him it wasn't his fault. He only hugged her tighter, he couldn't find the strength to speak, this time he was absolutely sure that he confessed to the right girl. He loved her, but she laughed in his face.

"Akari-chan..." He managed a whisper, she flinched as she heard his voice.

This was the first time she had ever heard him so weak..

"Shh, you don't need to explain. Come inside, I'll set up the guest room so you can stay. I'll put some tea on." She cooed gently. He nodded against her smooth hair and she pulled out of the embrace so he could come in.

He made his way to the lounge and slumped on the cream colored couch, he buried his face in his hands as he silently cried. Why couldn't she accept my confession? His heart was aching and he felt like throwing away his hopes of finding his true love. This was the first time he had told someone he was in love.

His friend waltzed back into the room holding two matching mugs, filled to the brim with tea. He nodded, thanking her and took the mug from her delicate hands. She sat across from him and sipped her tea, the pair didn't speak. She watched his expression, his eyebrows were furrowed and there was only emptiness in his eyes. Tears slowly dripped down his flushed cheeks. It was painful to watch him cry over heartbreak when she loved him. She had developed a crush on him during her first year and his second year at Karasuno and it slowly turned into love. (She was now a second year making him a third) She planned to confess many times, but he didn't seem to understand.

"I-I- think I love her,  Akari-chan.. It hurts in my chest, it hurts so much!" His sadness tore through the silence and her heart shattered.

He started sobbing and he stood angrily, kicking the coffee table over so it flipped on its side landing against the poor girl, the hot drinks sent flying towards her also. She gasped as the tea spilt on her sensitive skin, but she didn't complain. Sugawara stood with his fists clenched and stormed off to he guest room. Tears built up in her own eyes, she was heartbroken too. She lifted the table off her knees, only to find bruises starting to form. She was sick as a child and she still was, she was getting weaker by the day, but she didn't complain.

She went and ran her hands under cold water to relieve her new burns then returned to the lounge to clean the mess he had left. She had never seen him angry before.

She hurried to her room and went straight to bed, her mind still focused on the crying boy in the room next door.

---------next day-----------

The two of them walked towards the school in silence, an awkward silence. She wore gloves to cover her hands, she didn't want Sugawara to feel bad. Luckily he hadn't noticed her knees. She knew he didn't know what he had done last night and she didn't want to bring it up.

"Kari-chan! You look gorgeous today!" A familiar voice yelled out.

"Nishinoya-kun, you're as lively as ever. Looking handsome as usual." She smiled shyly at the boy, she was slightly shorter than him so he had easily taken a liking to her. Nishinoya blushed in response, she always returned his compliments because he was a nice guy and because he was always kind to her. Sugawara stood still by her side and watched the communication between his best friend and team mate. He was angry because she had no problems with finding the boy she loved, Nishinoya wouldn't dare reject her.

"I could never look as good as you!" She teased Nishinoya, elbowing him softly. He smiled and gave her a side hug.

"Suga! Are you coming to practice?" The libero grinned up at his upperclassman. He received a nod in response.

The trio walked to the gym, Akari sat quietly on the bench once they arrived. She kept her gaze trained on the grey haired teen as he practiced. She knew he was trying harder because of his replacement. Kageyama was talented, everyone knew it. He had along way to go. She thought Sugawara was better because he could accommodate to any spiker and he always looked out for his team, he had the experience and the trust of his team. She pitied her third year crush, because he was replaced so easily but her words of encouragement were never enough for him.

Neither was she.

"What happened to your knees?" She looked up to see Daichi looking at her worried.

He knew about her crush on his teammate, so she often confided in him. He didn't mind, he confided in her as well. She was pretty sure everyone knew she loved the teen, all except him. Whenever he was with another girl, the team would try to distract her or take her out, sometimes they'd make her toss for Hinata. Even Tsukishima would try and help keep her away, she knew the team tried to distract her and she was thankful that they did.

"Sugawara-kun was angry last night and he flipped the coffee table. He got rejected again." She sighed, turning her attention back to her crush.

"Did he apologize!?"

"I don't think he knew what he was doing, he was too upset. I don't mind though." She smiled sadly.

"He doesn't know you're sick, does he?" Daichi asked, softly patting her back.

She shook her head in response. She didn't want to tell him because he had other things to focus on.  She often thought about telling him though, but her parents wanted her to keep it a secret.

"Is there a diagnosis yet?"

"No."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"No. It's just a small bump in the road."

"What about that you love him?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Daichi, he doesnt love me. He's focused on her." The words came out harsher than expected. It surprised her and Daichi, she was always soft spoken and gentle. She didn't have a rude bone in her fragile body.

Her eyes widened and she quickly shut her mouth.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" She apologized quickly, her face turning red from embarrassment. Daichi only laughed and patted her head before rejoining practice again.

The gym doors opened slightly and everyone's attention turned towards a tall, slim girl with blue eyes, olive skin and black hair. Anyone but her!? He can't have confessed to her!?

Akari's heart started to race, she was nervous. Sugawara's eyes widened as he spotted the girl, he was frozen in place.

The volleyball team knew what was happening, they all looked at the small girl on the bench worried. Daichi started to walk towards the door and tell her to leave, but her words were quicker.

"Suga-kun, yesterday was a mistake. I really like you!"

And her world came crashing down.