Hate.

*knock knock knock*

Thudding on Akari's front door jolted her awake suddenly, she wiped her eyes and attempted to pull herself from Kenma's body. He groaned and held her tighter. She sighed and gently shook him. A blush dancing on her face.

"Kenma, there's someone at the door. Please move." She whispered into his ear. She pushed his hair from his forehead and kissed it gently. "Come on, move please." She begged as the knocking became louder. He unwrapped his arms from her waist and she untangled her legs and pulled herself up, missing his arms the moment she stood. He groaned at her absense and pulled her pillow over his face.

"One moment, please!" She called out. She ran to her room and threw her robe over her clothes and answered the door.

"Good morning! How can I- oh. Sugawara-kun." Her mood dropping as she met his eyes.

He looked like he had a rough night, his eyes were red and his hair was messy. She knew he was obviously beating himself up, his cheeks were stained with trails of tears and she felt terrible. Being the kind person she was, she sighed and stepped aside letting him in so she could close the door. She told him to go sit in the kitchen and wait, he nodded and made a beeline for the room.

She went to the bathroom and washed her face before joining him in the kitchen, his quiet sobs echoed around the room. She boiled the jug and made him some tea while quickly whipping up some eggs and bacon on toast. She set it down in front of him and crosses her arms across her chest and stared at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry, I was completely out of character last night. I'm probably the last person you want to see right now."

"You're completely right. I don't really want to see you. Yet, despite knowing that you still showed up at 5am in the morning." She added, frowning at him. His heart sank at her confession, but he knew she was completely right. "You obviously didn't come all this way just to apologize, get on with it. I know you better than that. Eat up and I'll come back soon." She sighed leaving him alone.

She walked out of the room and rushed into the lounge, Kenma and Tetsurou were sitting up chatting quietly and came out of conversation when they heard their friend sigh and plop on the couch. Akari was stressed, she rubbed her forehead and slumped back.

Tetsurou stood and sat beside her, rubbing her back soothingly.

"What's up, ducky? Who's here?"

"Sugawara-kun." She sighed, not bothering to lie.

Tetsurou stood and started storming off towards the kitchen.

"Don't, Tetsu. I know what he did and I'm aware that I shouldn't have let him in so easily, but I couldn't leave him out there." She whispered as her friend came to a halt. He sighed and sat down, pressing a kiss on her head.

"If anything happens, I will go in there and beat him to a pulp." He threatened. "I trust you, but you better not fall for him again. He better not pull any moves." He glared at the door. Kenma silently agreed, he wanted her all to himself.

She nodded and composed herself before heading back into the kitchen. Sugawara had emptied his plate, need she grabbed it and dumped it in the sink before sitting down.

"Well?"

"She left me." He whispered. "Yesterday before we got back. She texted me and said she only dated me for a week as a dare. I'm pathetic." He sobbed.

"She used me as a wager!" He yelled slamming his fists on the table. Akari's eyes flicked to the door, luckily Tetsurou didn't burst through.

"I'm sorry that it turned out that way. I'm not sure what you expect me to say after last night, Sugawara-kun." She sighed.