chap. 33 || melody

Start from the beginning

You shakily looked below you, not being able to think of an answer to tell her. It was difficult. So difficult. Including if her tone and her face was like this. You just...couldn't answer. "T-The keys are still working, mom..." you replied, trying your best not to look at her. She rolled her eyes, "Really? I tried playing that thing earlier and it wasn't working. Are you sure the keys are working or you're only building an excuse so I wouldn't throw it away?"

You nervously played with your thumbs. "I-I'm telling the truth..."

"Truth that are lies. I don't remember raising a daughter like that," she cuts you off. As her hand reaches the doorknob, she takes one last glance at you with her h/c covering most of her face except for her cold glance, and said, "...I'm going to call a guy who will be taking the piano away. And don't go off crying if you don't see it there anymore."

"WHAT!? MOM, PLEASE DON'T-

And with that, she quickly walks out of the house slamming the door shut behind her with nothing else coming out from her mouth.

You were left alone there at the edge of the stairs, head looked straight where your mother was last seen before leaving and emotions still swimming of which way they should make you feel at that moment. You felt like your heart was going to be chopped out from your chest right at that moment.

It really brought...you down....it brought you down so much that you carefully slid down the stairs behind you and sobbed a little. That piano really meant so much to you. It was like a piece of gold in your life that you had kept inside your treasure chest. And that piano costed a lot from your father. But it was also kind of your fault of why your mother wouldn't think that you weren't really using it anymore as something important. You blamed yourself for it. Again.

Although, since school was about to start for you, you quickly stood up, prepared your bento, slip on your shoes, and headed out of the house without looking back. Your aunt was already heading here anyways, and you trusted her since she mostly takes care of your little siblings more than you do.

When you headed towards Nekoma high, your face wore nothing but an emotionless expression on your way. Some people in Tokyo might thought you weren't born with emotions because of this look of yours. However, it's wasn't like they minded at all.

As you arrived, you quickly walked towards your locker and opened it to grab your school shoes for the day. But, as you opened your locker, a bunch of crumpled notes and a few pins fell down, causing you to jump out of the way a little.

Those notes. It wasn't the normal note you saw like the other day. It was something more different. Very different. Something that hurt your emotions more. Slowly, you folded those notes opened one by one. And inside those notes were insults from someone obvious. The handwriting was already very known for you.

Lilia wrote those.

And the pins that fell from your locker almost hurt and even go through your shoes. Gladly it didn't. Your shoes were still fine, and you ignored the insults written on your locker's walls as you just continued to move forward, slip on your school shoes and gave Lilia and her gang the cold shoulder as they laughed and whispered to each other.

You were used to this. No one would probably sue them. It was normal.

It was always like this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
3:45pm

Thank god classes were over.

You almost felt like fainting during math class and that wasn't a lie. Even when the teacher was out, you had to teach Inuoka a few things about the topic you guys had learned earlier from different subjects.