Chapter 36 ✔️

Start from the beginning

Let's get started.

***

" Ah shit!" I cringe in pain as the hammer comes banging down on my finger.

" Really Ally, again?" Tyler asks in disbelief.

This is the third time that I hit my finger instead of the nail. I'm in a hurry and this damn hammer ain't helping at all.

" Yes again. You take over here and I'll start painting." I sigh as I drop the hammer onto the floor.

What I didn't know is that the wood from the beach shack isn't very stable which causes the hammer to fall through the wooden floor and leaving a big hole from where the hammer hit the floor.

Are you kidding me right now?

I weight more than that fucking hammer. How did I not fall through?

My shoulders slouch down as I look at the mess I have created. Now I understand why dad never allowed me to help him out in the house.

" I'm sorry." I sigh in disappointment.

This was supposed to be the best gift ever but now I'm only causing more damage.

I feel a trail of fluid run down my cheek and immediately know that it's a tear. More tears follow the first ones lead and before I know it I'm sniffing. Damn you frustration-tears.

" Ally don't cry." Tyler says as he pulls me into his chest.

" I'm not crying." I state.

" Then stop sweating out of your eyes." Tyler laughs as he wipes away some of my tears with his thumbs.

" I just- I'm frustrated because this isn't how I imagined today would go. This was supposed to be your gift and now I fucked it up. " I sulk.

Tyler licks his bottom lip before pulling my face closer with his hand behind my head and planting a long kiss on my lips. I savor the sweet taste of his puffy lips before he can pull away. After he pulled away he wipes at my tears again and gives me a crooked smile.

" No one said life was fair. So stop sulking and lift your sorry ass and start painting the walls so that I can have a clear view of your ass while you are painting." he orders.

Tyler talking like this only makes me want to take him right here on this unstable wooden floor. That probably won't be a good idea.

" Yes sir. " I reply with a slight smirk on my lips. As I walk past him he manages to smack my behind, causing me to gasp in shock.

" You didn't say anything about touching." I glare at him as I watch his shoulders shake from laughter.

" I don't need permission to touch what's mine babe." he winks before walking over to the hole where the hammer fell through.

And so we go back to renovating the beach shack. Tyler is busy scraping the wooden floors with a plane scare and I'm painting the walls with white paint and painting the outlines of the wall with a light blue paint to give it a more beachy look. After what feels like hours I finally finish painting all four walls. I'm just glad this beach shack isn't as big in comparison with the other Anderson landmarks. By the time I finished painting all the walls Tyler was finished with scraping the floors. He's now busy varnishing the floor and then we have to wait for the paint and varnish to dry before we can work further. It'll take up to 24 hours before it's completely dry so there goes my chances of finishing up the shack before leaving tomorrow.