"Where the hell is she?" A familiar voice shouted.

"You stupid maid, tell me where is she?" Ralph snarled, anger laced his voice. I shook like a leave as he continued shouting.

"Where the hell is she?" he repeated, at the top of his voice.

"I don't know." Maggie cried; a sob escaped from her mouth.

"Ralph! Why are you wasting your time?" My mothers said, sounding least affected.

Ralph sighed. "That bloody bitch helped angel escape. She's the only way to find her," he answered.

She yawned. "GPS trackers are chipped to her clothes, shoes, and cell phone."

A wave of shock knocked me out; I knew she was smart, but this was the next level. She was tracking me like people tracked cars and pets.

"Track her then. I already transferred thirty fucking million dollars in your account."

"Let me check," she said blandly, sounding bored like a girl watching the same Disney movie for the hundredth time.

A shrill cry escaped from my mouth; I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to hold myself together. I was falling apart like the beads of a pearl necklace. One bead fell, then another, and the string broke. I collapsed on the ground.

My body had given up; I wasn't tired, but all hope had drained from my life. I felt vulnerable like a dry autumn leaf that could be crushed by the palm. The storm of emotions whirled inside me like a hurricane. Salty transparent drops streamed down my face.

My throat went dry; it was the kind of dryness that you felt in the scorching deserts. When the last drop of water from your flask had evaporated, and you hoped to find the oasis that never existed.

I sobbed; it was the kind of sob that escaped from your soul when you lost a dear one. The sobbing that never ceased to ease. For a moment, I felt dead, devoid of life, devoid of emotions.

Maniacal laughter echoed in the air. It resembled the laughter of the fictional villain characters in books. I had grown up listening to that laughter; it belonged to the evil creature in my mother's skin.

"Poor, poor girl. She's too dumb to be my daughter." She mocked.

"Where is she?" he demanded, his voice stiff.

"Behind the boxwood hedge," she said, in her usually mocking tone.

The sound of footsteps crunched beneath the grass; the sound was brisk. I knew the person approaching me was none other than Ralph Hernandez, followed by his Mafia men. He seemed to be in a hurry as if he had to catch a train.

I covered my eyes with my hands. The fragrance of musk cologne reached my olfactory receptor; it was a masculine scent, something that drove woman mad. The kind of fragrance that attracted the feminine species. I did not open my eyes just breathed in the familiar scent that marked the very presence of Ralph Hernandez.

"Angel, what is wrong with you?" he asked, sounding like a caring Romeo in love with Juliet.

I choose to answer with silence.

"Why are you making things complicated?" He held my wrist lightly as if it would break if he used much force.

He sighed."It's because of papa, isn't it?"

I focused my eyes on the boxwood hedge. Ralph Hernandez was far from my understanding. He was like the tidal waves that changed abruptly; the waves that produced tingling sensation beneath your feet, and had the power to drown you.

"Hailey Kings, what is your problem?" he asked, his voice laced with a thick coating of sugar syrup.

I looked at him, and ocean eyes met with lush-green emerald eyes. He stared at me; I stared back,. He was losing his patience and then, he pulled me closer to himself.

"Eyes down." He breathed.

I didn't flinch, instead glared straight into his eyes. He clenched his jaw and traced my face with his fingers. A bandage was wrapped around his hand, bruises adored his face. I hated his touch; I hated him; I hated everybody standing around me excluding poor Maggie.

"Hit him. Get rid of his touch." My sixth sense screamed.

He slipped his hand around my waist and cupped me in his arms. Without more ado, I sneaked my hand in my denim pocket and plunged the sharp knife in his thigh, twisting it hard.

"Ah! Ah!" His legs gave up, and we fell on the ground.

"Wha' the fuck?!" He muttered curses under his breath.

The familiar release of the fright or flight hormone surged into my veins. My instinct forced me to run with full might.

"Catch her!"

Blood pumped in my legs; my heartbeat raced. I focused my eyes on the iron gate; I pushed myself hard and almost reached the latch. Then, something hard struck with my head. Pain exploded in my skull as if a professional soccer player had hit me with his ball. I fell on the ground as my legs struggled to maintain balance. My vision got blurry; a shadowy figure neared me.

"You're going to pay for this little bitch." Ralph's voice echoed in my ear. A blurry image of a gun in his hand appeared in front of my eyes.

My skull met with a hard blow. Darkness entombed my remaining vision, the world spun, and I sank into the endless ocean of black infinity.

A/N: OMG! Poor Hailey. I'm very angry with Ralph what about you?

How many of you are excited for Ace's entry?

Stay tuned Ace is gonna meet yea in the next chapter.