Chapter 15

Aolani

My mouth dropped at how perfect the mirror looked, they did such a good job. They even put the mirrored stand together and placed my accents beautifully. I noticed the paint swatches on the coffee table, the perfect shades of gray and blue. He even had the furniture catalog out, I guess I've been playing too much for him.

He came walking out the kitchen with a beer in his hand, he smiled when he seen me and sat his drink on the fireplace.

"Hey baby, how was your day?"

"Good, me and Jess went and got our nails done"

He grabbed my hand and looked at them and nodded his head.

"Nice, they look good. We really need to start getting things in order"

"I agree.. Speaking of getting things in order, I need to show you something"

"Okay"

I went over to the closet and pulled the little box down it was wrapped up with a beautiful bow. I handed to Shane and waited for him to open it. He sat down on the step and ripped the paper open. I guess you can say this is an early birthday present, when he opened it up he looked confused.

"What is this? It's just another box"

"Open the second box crazy"

He opened it up and frowned..

"Is this a joke?"

I rolled by eyes, he's seriously taking the fun out of this.

"Look closely"

I opened the curtain beside him to let in some light so he could see better.

"I think I see it! There's two lines, one is just very faint.. what does this mean?"

"Open the second box"

He did and his smile got a little bigger. "Two lines, the second one Still faint but more visible"

"Now open the third box"

I could tell he was getting more and more excited.

"Oh my god, two lines very visible!"

"Now open the very last box"

He ripped it open excitedly and held up the digital test that said pregnant clear as day. His eyes widened and he looked up at me, I could only nod this is happening. Just two months after being told it hadn't happened, we're pregnant. I still can't believe it because it happened so suddenly.

"I'm gonna be a daddy?"

"Yes Shane"

He put his head in his lap and started crying, never once letting that test go. Can you believe the night we made up is the night we made our baby? I definitely can't, but my mom always told me God works in mysterious ways. I hugged Shane and rubbed his back, I thought he be happy. But I didn't think it would make him cry, it just shows he has really been waiting on this baby.

"I told you Lani, I told you.."

"I just didn't think it would've happen this soon"

"Because you didn't have enough faith, look at God, this is the best news ever. The night we made up?"

"The night we made up"

"I knew it! I put extra effort in that night, yes!"

Xavier popped his head into the room with a huge grin.

"Congratulations!"

"You were in there the whole time?"

"Yeah, I had to let y'all have y'all moment"

Shane stood up and they both screamed. "Nigga we made it!" they slapped hands with big ass grins on their faces.

I shook my head and waited for their little moment to be over. Shane stopped and looked at me and bear hugged me. "Thank you Lani"

"For what?"

"Not giving up.."

:

I laughed uncontrollably as Shane lifted my feet on his lap, all day he's been doing little cute stuff.

"Baby you need me to rub your feet?"

"No, Shane please stop" I laughed harder, I had to stop though I almost peed myself.

"Why you laughing?"

"Because all day you've been asking if I'm thirty, hungry or if I want you to go out and get me something. Its so cute, it's just funny at the same time"

He laughed himself, his cheeks turned red. I reached up and pinched them.

"Aww my baby is embarrassed, don't be I appreciate all your effort. I do need one thing though"

"What's that?"

"For you to relax and just be happy"

"Okay, I can do that. Would you like to hear about my day?"

"Sure"

He kicked his feet up on the coffee table and laid back, putting his hands behind his head. His day was that good?

"Hello.. Shane.. Aren't you gonna tell me about your day?"

"Oh I was just talking to talk. Nothing interesting happened before you got back"

"Did you pick out furniture?"

"I seen some nice black and gray sets but I need your opinion first"

"I trust your choice, buy it"

He sat up and looked at me funny, and snatched the cookie out of my hand.

"Your giving me freedom to choose the furniture? Aolani are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

He sat back again like he was deep in thought, I'm not that much of a control freak. I give him freedom do as he likes..