Chapter Twenty (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"My point is that what I never got to tell you about it was that it holds more than just spells. It holds so much of our history and the life and notes of each witch or wizard that held it before us. It holds the creation of the Shade. Of the very first witch and he own creations. And it holds my own notes for how I turned you immortal for the first time and how I helped Hwan to get pregnant. It even shows how I reincarnated the twins at birth and tied their souls to Hwan.

"It holds everything, and when I finally pass this grimoire to you and then you to Xion, then it will hold whatever you see fit." She explained with such enthusiasm.

"What does this have to do with me glowing or being alive for that matter?" Hwanwoong asked softly.

"It helped me with what test I should run on you." She answered back.

"And what exactly is it you'll be testing for?" The younger asked.

"The exact reason you're glowing." She answered, making her son's frown deepen.

"Stop being vague, mother, what are you testing for." He growled lowly, crossing his arms over his chest and sending her a glare.

"Let's just run the test for now and if I'm right then I'll let you know, alright?"

"Fine, let's just get this over with." Ravn said. "Now what do you need to do to start?"

Sybil gestured to the table. "Hwanwoong why don't you come meditate with me."

"You're meditating?" Ravn asked in pure astonishment.

"No, he'll be meditating." She answered with a small smile as she waved her hand over the table and a black stone bowl filled with water appeared. "I'll be scrying in my bowl."

Ravn nodded but Hwanwoong, still not used to witchcraft, cocked his head in confusion before asking. "What is scrying?"

"It's something like looking into the future or your inner self. It'll give me a general idea of what I'm already suspecting. And then from there I'll meditate with you into communicating with your inner thoughts to confirm what the scrying is telling me." She answered, trying her best to explain everything to the best of her abilities. "Now, close your eyes, dear."

He did as told, closing his eyes as Sybil faced her bowl, looking into the water. Silence settled over the three of them, Ravn watching his mother as her eyes became vacant. The silence was killing him, but he needed to know exactly what was going on with his husband. As if the thought of the younger was directing his eyes, he found himself watching Hwanwoong who took soft breaths. He looked as if he were at peace, a complete opposite of the look of pure ecstasy the king saw the younger wear the night before.

Sybil speaking is what drew his attention, his eyes shooting back over to her as she leaned forward taking Hwanwoong's face in her hands. "Speak to me..."

As if on cue, Hwanwoong's eyes flashed open, and his voice didn't waver as he spoke. "Who dares wake me?" The young king's eyes were a solid white and his voice took on a more feminine tone.

"My name is Sybil." The witch answered, her eyes opening as she removed her hands and sat back into her seat. "Can I know your name?"

"I have no name." The voice spoke through Hwanwoong. "Yet I have many, which do your desire?"

"The one in which you are referred to by many." Sybil spoke.

"The mother of witches." The voice answered.

"The first witch." Ravn breathed out. "But how?"

Hwanwoong...The First Witch looked to Ravn, her eyes gauging his movement and deeming them non-threatening. And then registration crossed her eyes.