Chapter 6: Picture

Começar do início

"Here's my laptop and some papers and pens, we can use these things to do files and write down what we should put on it." I opened my laptop and faced it at where she is sitting. She looks at it and put her phone on her small pouch like bag. "Oh, I forgot. I'll go get the list of what we have talked about on the café, it's on my bag." I told her and went on my way upstairs.

Jennie is unusually quiet, she supposed to be mean at the very first start she gets here but she's not saying anything until now. Well, I will just use this opportunity of her silence to make things work.

I have to be attentive and make her see that I am willing to work with her for this. I am well aware that we could do this project alone by ourselves but we can't. We have to make things work by helping each other. Jennie have to work with me, I'll make her.

-

Jennie's P.O.V

She's taking up too much time getting that list. I've been typing here for minutes now and Rosé is still upstairs. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I don't really have the energy and mood to talk to her or to argue with her.

There's a lot of things happening with me now and I will just let this day passed without dealing with things that would annoy me. I just have to make the first ones we have to do before physically getting into places to do the project. Human Society subject of Miss Yoona is demanding too much stuffs other than the other subjects for real.

Sudden headaches made me stop from what am I doing. I have to blame my unending problems, I can't fully give my mind a rest. I looked around and noticed that this house is so quiet. Is Rosé living alone?

This house feels somewhat empty. Rosé serves as a ball of sunshine for everyone in the school as from what I have seen but where she lives is something contradicting to that image she have.

I stood up and takes a few steps and I saw a picture frame that seems to be intentionally moved. The picture is facing sideway, it looks like someone doesn't like to see it when sitting at the living room. Does she?

Out of my curiosity, I picked it up and a happy family is what my eyes see. There's only three of them, Rosé who was maybe around 10 or 11 years old that time by chubby her face was, her mother who exactly looks like her now and her father that she got some resemblance on. It looks like they had so much fun during this day and it is my first time to see Rosé smiled like she's the happiest. It feels strange, why do I felt sad all of a sudden? Is it because I hope that my family was this happy? Am I envious?

"Here's- oh.. You saw that.."

I hurriedly placed the picture where it was placed, cleared my throat and goes back to where I was sitting. I looked at Rosé who's carrying a tray containing glasses of juice and breads. She put in on the glass table and also put the list at the top of the laptop's keyboard.

Okay great she may now think that I am interested in her personal life.

I stayed quiet and looks at the list when she suddenly breaks the silence.

"10 years ago, my family went to Amusement park in Australia. That's where the picture was taken and developed." She picked up her juice and took a small sip of it. "It was the best day I had with them.. And the last one."

I didn't expect to hear that. 'What happened?' Huh? Wait. I do not know why I have to think that way. Why the hell I care? I shrugged my thought off. Why would I care?

I looked at Rosé and my eyes blinked a few times when I saw her smiling so sadly. Did she just opened up something personal to me?

I stared at her for seconds and her eyes is looking somewhere, visibly remembering all the memories from that day with a hint of sadness and pain, the memories of that day makes her happy and also hurts her so much. Her face makes that kind of look that I haven't seen ever since we met at school. She looks so vulnerable. My heart aches for a sudden, I looked away.