♡What Love Feels Like♡ (Nicky)

Nicky~

I have been trying to perfect this recipe all day and it's been really frustrating.

The measurements don't even feel right.

I've been off all day. My mindset has been clouded and I can't even focus on a simple recipe.

Maybe, it's because of last night.

Restless, one person crosses my mind and I can't help but smile. She's sweet, kind, beautiful, and she makes me feel whole.

Even though she's my best friend, I can't help but wish we were something more.

Y/n?

I have a crush on Y/n.

So, clearly you can understand why I have alot on my mind.

I've been avoiding her, so I don't freeze up the moment she talks to me.

"Hey, Nicky!" I hear Y/n say walking into the Home Ec Kitchen. I was too concentrated to really care in the moment.

"Not now Y/n. This has to be perfect. I've been bombing this all day." I say really frustrated. The last thing I need right now is a distraction.

"Well, I can be here for emotional support." She says with a smile on her face.

"I don't need your support right now!" I say immediately regretting my words.

I start gathering up some condiments to add to give the dish some flavor.

"Ouch, well, care to explain why you've been avoiding me lately?" She says crossing her arms. I don't stop what I'm doing.

The reason for that, I finally realized I like her. Instead of addressing the issue, I decided to avoid it. Like the idiot I am.

The last thing I want is for her to know.

What if she doesn't like me back?

"I've been busy with things. I really don't have to explain myself." I say coldly.

Nice move, Nicky.

"As your friend, I'm concerned. You've been acting different lately and have been even more stubborn. What's going on Nicky? You can talk to me." She tells me putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Look, stop worrying. It's not a big deal. Just drop it." I say not wanting to give in.

I start cracking eggs into a bowl.

"I'm trying to help-"

"I don't need your help! I was actually fine untill you came in here. Stop trying to act like a friend! It's getting annoying." I start breaking the egg yolks.

"Nicky...why are you acting like this?" She asks me obviously hurt. She stands in front of me to get my attention.

She can't know how you feel.

"Maybe, I just don't want to be friends!" I say using any excuse to get her out of here.

Clearly after my words spilled out, I knew I was in too deep to just go back.

"You know what? Have it your way! I'm clearly not needed. I'm leaving!" She grabs the bowl full of scrambled eggs and pours it over my head covering me and my apron in yolk.