- twenty two .

Sean wakes up. He notices the bed is absent of Honey.

He looks out the window, grey seeping through the cracks of the curtain.

"Mornin' Sean." Honey says, a cup of coffee in her hands. She pouts when she notices he looks tired.

"Where-where were you?"

"I was at the park, Sean." Honey takes a sip of her coffee. "It was like my lonely time at Seattle, there was no cars or birds."

"Did we do it wrong?" Sean looks at his hands, noticing how fuzzy it looks.

Honey shakes her head. "I guess it doesn't work like that." Honey passes a cup of coffee to him.

She was surprisingly nonchalant, and almost like she had no hope for this working out in the first place.

"Do you sleep?"

Honey almost chokes on her coffee. "What?" She snorts. "Of course I do."

Sean pauses and thinks of all the times he's seen her sleep.

"I've seen you nap." Sean knits his eyebrows together. "Not sleep."

Sean sighs, taking a sip of his coffee. "I hope you know you can be honest with me, Hon."

Honey hides a frown with her coffeecup. "When am I not honest?"

"I didn't mean it like that," Sean stutters. "I just don't want you to have to feel like you have to hide stuff from me. I want to be there for you."

Honey sits beside him on the bed and sighs, looking into her black coffee cup. "I know you didn't mean it like that." She looks up to Sean, who stares at his full coffee cup. "I also want you to know that I'm here for you too. Always."

The corners of his mouth twitch into a smile. "Thanks,"

Honey grabs Sean's hand, her tattoo in full display.

"I'm sorry we can't be something else." Honey looks at their entwined hands. Maybe in another world, Honey would've been head over heels for Sean.

But for now, they had to stay as they were.

"I understand now." Sean exhales. He looks at Honey, who looked deep in thought.

For some reason, it embarrassed him that the only girl in the whole world rejected him, that even with nobody as another choice, he never stood a chance.

"Don't look so sad, Sean." Honey says, pulling her hand away. "You're making me feel bad." She pouts.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

••

The more time Sean spent on the road, the more he desired and ached for Seattle.

He just wanted to stop moving around so much, he wanted to stay in a house for a long time with all the riches in the world. Maybe he'd even own some gucci.