Chapter I

DISCLAIMER : THIS WORK IS ONE OF MY OWN. I HAVE NOT ADAPTED ANY CHARACTERS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE>.THIS WORK SOLELY BELONGS TO ME.

I saw it.... Exactly at 09:54 am, I saw her falling into the arms of death.. I met her, precisely about twenty five thousand five thirty six hours ago, and I had been tirelessly watching her ever since. When she first saw me, I could hear her say that I was beautiful. "I love him!", she exclaimed and caressed my face with her gentle fingers. When I came to her house, she told me that I looked good against navy blue. Of course I did.. After that, she became the centre of my world.. it was for her, that I worked without resting my arms even a moment, all day long. She was a neat little blonde, with a short stature. That lovely glitter in her green eyes when she would stare up at me, became irreplaceable to me after a matter of time.
I still remember, that in the morning hours, while getting ready for work, she would steal glances at me. I think when she saw me notice, she would panickedly look away and stuff a toast into her tiny mouth.
Other times, she would come home late after working overtime, and look up at me with puppy eyes. When she did so, I would convince myself to forgive her, since she did seem very apologetic.

But just six thousand four hundred and eighty hours ago, the life of this lovely lass with golden curls bobbing on her shoulders, began to change... drastically.
She began acting very strangely. She would come home late, look at me and gleefully chuckle. She would go to bed very late, and yet be up at 03:00 am, and would come to the hallway stealthily and grin at me "Let's get something to eat!" she would say. I would be sighing to myself and wondering where the pretty little girl from before went. She was not the same as before, and it scared me.
She would sometimes come home really early, and stare at me disappointedly and would involuntarily throw a frown into her sweet face. Was I at fault? I would never know. She would then take a seat directly opposite to me and stare at me longingly for many minutes together. I would assume that I became more appealing to her. Well, anyway, I couldn't utter a word of disapproval. She would then flop sideways, and squeeze a cushion lying nearby and squeal "He said he would call me at 07:00"

He? Who? From that time on, someone would religiously call her at 07:00 pm, at least every forty eight hours.
My instinct instantaneously told me that 'he' was trouble...and I was right. There were several other instances that my failing memory struggles to recall, but each time 'he' came over, only I could see what his deep eyes meant to do..That little angel never had a clue... But what could I do?

As I was saying,
I saw it,at that moment; at exactly 09:54 am , I saw her life crumbling right before me..that doll-like girl I knew no longer remained..Her blond hair was soaking in a pool of blood, her green eyes held an inexplicable shock, and her lovely smile was lost....
I liked her.. a lot..I wanted to snatch her away from the clutches of death, I wanted to save her... But what could I do? What could I do, other than watching her sink in that whirlpool of pain? All I could do, was to hang on the wall, like any other CLOCK would....