Trouble

"Mom, Why did'nt you tell me, we could have done something about. Everything going to be okay Mom. It'll go away. You can beat it Mom"

 I was just trying to convince myself now, mom had already had kinesiotherapy but nothing had gone to plan, we both knew she would'nt last much longer.

"My hair will go away? I know Ranie it already has!" She giggled

 Why did it make me even more upset when she just tried to cheer me up - was it because I knew she would'nt be able to do that for much longer. 

"Ranie, I love you. Do well In life"

I had'nt even noticed the gun she had in her hand and the scream left my mouth before i could process what was happening.

"MOM DONT LEAVE ME MOM" 

But the gun was now hanging limp in her hand and my screams where becoming something in between sobs. Too late. Too late. Too late.  Was all i could hear in my head. Too late the nurses rushed in and ushered me out. Too late had I screamed. Too late had I noticed the gun. Too soon was my mom gone. She was dead. She was never coming back.

"Ranie. Ranie Its fine. Ranie Ranie are you Okay? Ranie I'm so Sorry. Ranie its what she wanted. She knew she could'nt be cured and she was in pain, but I'm sorry we did'nt give you two more time" 

So many nurses speaking at the same time. So many people in here. Period. What was I going to do now? I knew everything My Mom had would be left to me, she had no one else. I could'nt even comprehend that mom mom was gone now. Never coming back.

The week seemed to go by endelessly the house seemed empty without mom and I came to the conclusion that I could'nt live in it on my own soon enough I would sell it on rent it to someone and find a place smaller for myself seeing as I refused to move in with my dad, who had a pretty bad reputation in this area.

On Thursday morning I graped By bag and a jumped and left for the mall to see if their where any apparments for sale and to organize selling the house. Such a fun job for a lonely 17 year old Girl.  

It only took 30 minutes to drive to the mall and find the nearest estate agent. There was a little dong as I opened the door and entered. 

"Hello, How can I help?"  

"Umm.. Im looking to sell a farmhouse and buy a small appartment"

"Oh my. Your Ranie Right? Im So Sorry about your mom. Of course come sit down. Come."  Why did they always have to bring that up, everyone I talked too. I followed the Lady; her name tag read 'Amy' to a small desk on the coner.

"Umm here are some photos of the house; you'll have to come to value it right?"

"Yes Yes. I can send someone round with you after this to value it; well personally if it was me I would want to be rid of the house asap. But I can start setting it up on the website. Would you like to buy a sign. A sign will be $40?" She forced a small smile, at least she understood.

"Yes that would be good and yes a sign. Do you have any appartments for sale or rent."  Was I really mumbling?

"We have a room, someones renting it out from their own apartment, though the upside is its only $10 a week as of now, the tenant obviously needs some quick money."

A brilliant option, seeing as I wanted to move in as quickly as possible. My mouth made the words before I understood what I was really saying.

"Yes that'll be good, do you have their number and their checked right I dont want to share a house with a peado?" A little smile was on my lips trying to lighten the mood.  

"Of course" She handed me a small slip of paper with a mobile number writen on it. "And ill send someone to follow you home so they can value your house"

I picked up the peice of paper I would dial it when i get home I made a little 'thank you' gester with my hands and waited outside for my valuer to come along. 

"Miss Summers, lead the way"  

I jumped. Woops. I smiled; a middle aged man. Jumping in my car i started the engine and made my way home, it seemed to take forever. I kept forgetting i was getting 'stalked' for a reason and oftern got quite worried before realising they where suppose to be behind me. Silly me. Pulling into the drive way I opened the door and left it open for my valuer hoping he would realise I had other things to do. Yup, i could hear him wondering around the house. I dailled the number on the peice of paper and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello" Wow How old was this dude. He sounded young and I could here giggling in the background  

"err.. Hello, Im ringing about Your room your hoping to rent out for $10 a week? Im quite interested and wond- "

He Cut my off!

"Yeah, You want to rent it Meet me at 26 quaker road at 4pm and I can give you the key and show you the room

Beeeeeep

He also hung up on me! Wonderful 

"S'cuse me Miss Summers?"

I swivlled my head around to face him

"Yes?"

"Im going to value this house at $400,000"

My eyes went huge and im sure my jaw hung open.

"$400,000?"

"Umm.. Yes. Due to location, the amount of land you have and its a average sized house"

Well.. I was not expecting that since when had the value of houses gone up so much.

"Err okay, Thank you. So could you go back and tell Amy was it, Id like to sell and if she could set it up and stuff on the website right?"

"Yes."

And with that he was gone, he lead himself out  and slammed the door behind him. Now I just had to wait until 4pm