Chapter One

Chapter One:

Blaze sat at her computer, YouTube pulled up on a separate tab with her favorites on shuffle. Her sister, Fallen, was off in her own little world, humming quietly to herself. They were supposed to be working on their science fair project. It was due tomorrow, but they hadn’t even started working on it yet. They always put things off, yet the teacher didn’t care. That’s why they loved their school so much.

“Hey, Blaze?” Fallen’s voice made her sister turn to face her.

“What is it?” Blaze’s eyes glistened from the little light that shined through the window nearby.

“I was just thinking. What would we do if we went to the future?” This made Blaze confused as to why she would even think that.

“Do you really have nothing else to do?” With that, Blaze’s laugh picked up some. It earned her a smack on the back of her head.

“Seriously, you have to stop doing that.” She commented to Fallen, rolling her eyes.

“Whatever, just answer my question!” Fallen was becoming annoyed. It was usual.

“I don’t know, gosh.” But really, Blaze was thinking about what would happen if they did go to the future.

She thought about whom they might meet, what they would do, and more importantly, would it be fun or just pure hell? She hoped it would be fun, she thought to herself. Why wouldn’t it be?

“Blaze? Blaze!” Her twin sister, Fallen, shouted her name, wondering why she wasn’t responding to her.

“Sorry, I was thinking.” Blaze mumbled and shook her head, clearing her thoughts and getting back to task at hand.

“I was saying we should go to bed. We have to be at school early tomorrow for the science fair, you know.” This saddened the two girls. They loved staying up late, just talking to themselves and to each other. As much as they didn’t want to admit it, they were inseparable.

“I guess you’re right.” Blaze sighed and heaved herself up off the couch, setting her laptop aside.

Fallen followed her as she walked up the staircase to their rooms. They lived alone, no parents, no one looking after them. Truth be told, their parents were dead, had been for many years now. No one knew though.

Blaze and Fallen changed into their pajamas and climbed into their beds. They were actually tired for once at this early time at night. As they got comfortable in bed, thoughts entered their minds about tomorrow’s events and what may happen.

These thoughts didn’t last long, as one fell asleep after the other, heading off to dream land.