Part Two

"No! you can not go out with your friends!" i heard the Ms. yell. Me and Razi have stopped flinching at this point. after the Mr left about a month and a half ago, she has turned cold and cruel to the children.

Kylie ran into the kitchen in tears, she looked around before landing on me. She ran towards me, I opened my arms as she ran into them. Crying into the dirty apron i wore. I ran my hand down the back of her hair.

"Hush now Baby. you'll be quite alright." I said crouching down in front of the pale little girl in front of me, i cupped her face.

She nodded, wiping away her tears. "I- just feel like Mother hates me!" she said starting again, throwing herself back into my arms, I sigh and looked at Razi.

His dark face looked at us pity. He crouched next to us and rubbed her back, "How about we take a stroll in the garden, then when we get back Mekell here will have your favorite cookies." he said looking at me.

Nodding my head in agreement to his idea. Kylie smiled and grabbed his hand, dragging him outside. I smiled in awe of them. Turning I began to cook the sweets.

The Ms stumbled into the kitchen. "Hey! where is that little girl? I found my white carpet with lipstick on it! i swear when i find her!" She cursed, being in her drunken state, I know it was dangerous for me to tell her where Kylie was.

I have had my fair share experience of Drunk parents. With my own Papa gone, my Mama having the stress of raising 4 children of her own, all her lovers leaving her. She turns to Rum to drown in.

"It was me" I said hanging my head in fake shame. I didn't do it, but i couldn't bare seeing Kylie getting hurt in the hands of her mother who she thought hated her.

In seconds I felt a sharp pain on the side of my face. Covering my now burning cheek I looked up to the boss who looks furious.

"Get out of my house, you good for nothing Negro! you're FIRED." she yelled at me slapping me again.

I inhaled deeply, trying to get myself to not curse her out and hit her back. For that would get me arrested and probably killed. I nodded my head slowly.

I picked up my purse and dropped to my knees to kiss Parker on the forehead. "Goodbye Sweetie, Grow up strong. Go to Razi if you need anything. Anything at all." I said softly to him. Standing up, i left the front door.

I walked around back and found Razi and Kylie at the edge of the garden, she was giggling as the old man put a daisy in her hair. A smile showing on his face as well.

I approached them, she looked up at me, confusion washing over her face. "I have to go. I won't be back, but if you need anything. Anything at all, you tell Razi. He will take care of you. Take care, be strong." I said before hugging her tightly. I felt my shoulder start to become wet.

I pulled her back, seeing tears streaming down her face. "No, No. Don't cry sugar. You'll be okay. Razi is here with you." I said, I stood back up to leave. She held onto my leg.

"NO! I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE!" she screamed, Razi sighed and grabbed her by the waist. Tugging on her to let go, she just screamed louder.

"Baby. Stop screaming or we will get in trouble." I said softly, rubbing the top of her hair. She cried harder blabbing about who will make her cookies and tuck her in when momma is at the bar.

Razi finally pulled her off of me. I kissed her forehead before turning and walking about. I felt like I was leaving a part of my heart as I walked away from the house I knew so well.