08) Sandwich: What is a Monster?

EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS! wheeee. what joy.... Mines begin on Tuesday, so good luck Bridget!

Also, Ive developed a new hobby: Human behavior study, but those files will be confidential. 

ANYWAYS... Here's chapter 8.

Enjoy!

It's pretty short, though. 

Recap:

Jaspar looked down at the girl, scrunched up in a ball. She must have felt so lost. His father was upstairs, probably with his mother, for she did faint. The giant weapon of an arm was shifted back in to a normal sized mechanical arm. What a pity. With the item in his hand, he moved towards the girl.

Chapter 8:

The girl braced herself as she felt the heat from the boy's body near her. At least you got away from Dr.Coilles, she thought to herself as a foreign object was placed on her arm. A cold foreign object. But other than cold, it wasn't harmful. In fact, it was almost soothing. It was a gentle caressing feeling, a feeling that she had never felt before. Curious as to what it might be, she lifted her head to take a look.

The scene before her left her speechless. There was Jaspar, a white bandage plastered over his nose, kneeling in front of her. But his eyes weren't on her face. No. It was concentrated on her arm. Worry lines creased his forehead as he gently scrubbed at her arm with a dry towel. 

"What are you doing? And what is that?" The girl asked, nodding her head towards the pale blue cotton sheet. Jaspar's neck snapped towards the girl when she spoke, a surprised look on his face, as if he forgot she was there.

"I was trying to clean the blood off..." he began, but when he saw the girl looking at him as if he was stupid, his voice wavered. "You know, so it won't get into you and burn your circuits?" he tried to explain. He thought about what he just said, and for sure it sounded better when he was thinking about it.

The girl just stared at Jaspar, a smile playing at the corner of her lips. Here she was, thinking that this boy would hurt her, when he was thinking the exact same thing. When he looked into her eyes for approval, she did something she had never done before. She laughed.

Jaspar stared at the girl in wonder. Her laugh was rich and enticing. Soft, yet playful. Too bad it was cut short by the girl's hand. She looked as though she had just committed a crime. Surely laughing wasn't a crime. 

"Why'd you stop laughing?" the words flew out of Jaspar's mouth before he could catch them. He was doing that a lot lately. 

"Laugh. Ing?" The girl repeated, annunciating each syllable. Jaspar sighed. She seemed to be quite clueless to a lot of things. How was he supposed to explain to her what that is? Suddenly, his eyes lit up with an idea. Because it'd be strange to have a light bulb protruding from your head. 

He grabbed the girl's hand and helped her up. "It's for me to explain to you what laughing means, but I know something that can show you what it means." The girl gave him a suspicious look, but didn't pull away, which caused a huge smile to break across Jaspar's face. He guided her towards the computer, which was still turned on, but stopped when he felt her tense up behind him. "It's not a weapon to hurt you," Jaspar added quickly, not wanting to scare her. Apparently, she didn't believe him, for she stood stark still, unwilling to proceed.

Jaspar contemplated his options for a while. If he tried to drag her there, she would be even more traumatized, so that wouldn't work. And if he tried reasoning with her, they'd be here all day. Only one choice left, make a run for it and hope she doesn't think he was trying to hurt her. 

That plan was much better in his head. When he took his first step, he lost his balance, and... "HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!" Jaspar exclaimed while he brought his hands up to shield his face as he fell forward. A broken nose was enough for one day, he thought to himself. 

At the last moment, something held Jaspar up, much to his pain. The hand grabbed the back of his shirt, not allowing him to fall to the ground, but at the same time, it caused the fabric to dig into his throat and cut off his oxygen. When Jaspar was standing again, his hands instinctively reached for his neck, trying to ease the burning sensation, and erase the angry red welt that etched its place across his throat. 

"Why did you attempt to run?" The girl asked in monotone. Jaspar tried to search for any emotion behind that question, but came back empty handed. Her acidic white eyes were still and serious, giving nothing away.

"I wanted to show you the computer is not a weapon, but I knew you wouldn't believe me if I told you. So...." Jaspar trailed off as the girl let out a sigh. She grabbed Jaspar and pushed him towards the computer. 

"Screw up and you're dead." Jaspar nodded eagerly. He wanted to help this girl, and he knew exactly what question to ask first. 

What is a monster?

The girl watched intently from behind Jaspar as he typed in those words, and clicked Google Search.

-----------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter!

A vote would be greatly appreciated!

Well, unless you didn't like it, 'Cuz that's cool too.