04) Sandwich: Can We Keep Her?

Edit completed. Have fun reading!

---------------------------

Recap:

          There standing on the other side of the door, was Jaspar's dad, with an angry look in his eyes. Jaspar had a lot of explaining to do.

Chapter 4:

          "What are-" Jaspar's dad, or Mr.Dnot, began, but Jaspar cut him off.

          "Before you lecture me, please let me come inside. i'm freezing to death out here." And with that, Jaspar let himself into the house, knees numb from carrying the girl through the cold.

          He walked to the living room and gently set the girl on the couch before taking off his shoes and running upstairs, taking 3 steps at a time. Mr.Dnot was just watching quietly, trying to decipher his son's intentions. Not even 5 seconds later, Jaspar ran down the stairs again, a large mahogany comforter in tow. Mr.Dnot sighed in disapproval at what was bound to happen next, and as he guessed it, Jaspar tripped on the last few steps and slid face first on the carpet awaiting underneath. Mr.Dnot gracefully shielded his eyes away from that disaster. It would surely leave a mark, but Jaspar didn't even flinch from the pain.

          When Jaspar got up and continued to run to the living room with the comforter, let's just say Mr.Dnot was shellshocked. Never had he seen Jaspar so concentrated on anything. Where was his son that was supposed to be moaning in pain? Surely he was in pain, the bright red mark on his chin was proof that it burned, but Jaspar was too concentrated on keeping the girl warm. 'Who is this girl?' Mr.Dnot wondered to himself, along with a whole bunch of other questions.

          Mr.Dnot quickly shifted his attention to the girl lying on the couch. She was now covered with the comforter, and Jaspar was carefully tucking her in, as if he was scared she would break at any moment. He noted her hair was an immensely bright silver and looked like it was glowing, but he quickly cast the thought away and frowned. 'What was with kids and dying their hair?' he thought to himself. The girl didn't look rebellious. In fact, she looked serene and innocent. Then again, the girl was wearing Jaspar's coat and boxers, so his judgement might not be correct at the moment. Mr.Dnot turned to Jaspar, expecting an explanation for the girl on his couch. 

          "I was walking home and I saw her unconscious in an alley," Jaspar explained. That didn't really help his case at all. 

          "You didn't rape her, did you?" Mr.Dnot didn't seem confident as he asked his question, which made Jaspar blush. 

          "No! She was already naked when I found her." He blushed even more. Mr.Dnot just stared at his son. He looked for any traces of lying in his son's eyes, and secretly hoped he didn't find any. Satisfied that his son had been telling the truth, Mr.Dnot proceeded to his next question.

          "Where did you find her?"

          "Alness Rd. dad."

          Mr.Dnot was beyond shocked. That was three blocks away, and his son, who had never really done anything in his life except trip over his own two feet, carried a girl on his back, through the cold, all the way home. He was impressed. He never thought his son had it in him. 

          Mr.Dnot looked Jaspar over, and found that he was shivering. Ah, of course he was cold. He had been walking through the winter season with only a t-shirt, and probably no boxers.

          Mr.Dnot decided to give his son a well deserved rest, so he sent him upstairs, but Jaspar wouldn't move. He gave his son a questioning look, to which Jaspar replied, "Can she stay here until she wakes up?"

          Mr.Dnot laughed a hearty laugh. "Of course she can, son. Now go warm yourself up, and put on some boxers." Jaspar's face flushed at the last remark, but did as he was told. 

          Halfway up the stairs, Jaspar turned around to face his dad, and whispered, "Thank you."

          Mr.Dnot just smiled to himself, knowing his son is changing for the better. But his smile faltered a bit when he thought about how his wife would take it. She wasn't really the most reasonable woman.

-------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading.