🐺Jean d'Arc {Eternal Love} [IkeVamp]

Start from the beginning

I had a spot in mind, but I never fully thought that it would be true..

When I see you with him, I know now what it is I am..

Napoleon Bonaparte, the Nightmare of Europe..

Was standing in front of the one and only Duke Arthur Wellington.. The one who defeated him at the battle of Waterloo some 20 or so years ago..

Napoleon, my friend was all hurt and scratched whilst the Duke stood proud, unscathed..

"Why aren't you fighting back?!?" (Wellington)

"..Because I-.. agh.. I see no reason to do so.." (Napoleon)

As Y/N and I watched in silence, hidden in the dark, I could sense tears making their way down her face.

When I see you smile or cry, I realize I've been spellbound..

"If you truly love that woman, you will fight me!" (Wellington)

"If I were to fight you it would be no fight at all.. If I fight you to the death all for her my time had been wasted! She is like a flower, Wellington! One that I cherish above all! If I were to die, I would have failed her as her protector. But if you die, I would have failed you.. As a friend." (Napoleon)

Y/N had to cover her mouth to stifle her sobs, bracing herself. I put my arms around her.

When I felt the warmth of the sun.. I always knew you were near..

"Then there is only ONE way our tragic story will end!!" (Wellington)

I watched as Wellington grabbed Bonaparte by the shoulders and flung themselves off the cliff.

Y/N ran for the edge and I ran after her, desperate to keep her alive. Napoleon can survive this. He can make it. He's been through worse..

As Y/N reached out over the edge, I had to grab her and pull her back.

"Why Jean..?! I could've been able to grasp his hand..!" She was sobbing uncontrollably.

"If you had gone any further, you would have fallen over the edge." I bluntly stated.

"That wouldn't matter!! I would go and jump down if it meant being able to see him one last time..!"

Those were the days I knew I'd already lost you..

"And if he had survived and you had not? Everyone would not be able to bear the grief. Especially me."

"Why?!?"

"Because I care for the both of you! That's it, I'll say it! Because I loved you! I loved you once, and I am sure as hell not going to let you die without his permission! Do you think he wanted to see you as he fell?!"

But those days were the best in my life, because I had you in my life..

She stopped sobbing as she stared up at me.

"Loved.. You said it in past tense.. Your feelings.. Your feelings for me.. Have they changed..?"

"..Not in the slightest. I still care for both you and Napoleon. I still care for you.. As.. Family.." I had trouble spitting out the last word, knowing full well myself it wasn't true.

It was time, yes, I knew.. that I had to let you go..

"I-.. aheh.. Thank you. I thank you for loving me enough.. To let go."

As those words left her mouth, that's when I knew..

..I never was truly free..

Those were the days when I wished.. I woke up with amnesia..

••••

As I looked back down at their tombstone..

I placed a bouquet of flowers on each, asking for forgiveness.

With Cherie back in the wild, and most of my friends either gone or on-leave, there was no one in the mansion at my side.

Vincent and Theodorus were out all the time..

Leonardo had found a different profession.

Comte had left on a business trip for Italy just yesterday.

And Isaac had just found and accepted a teaching position at a nearby university.

Arthur was gone.. for good..

And so was my friend, no.. My brother in battle..

Alongside his beautiful wife, Y/N..

With their memories..

As well as their legacy, forever written and set in stone.

Those were the days..

When I still felt your loving arms around me..

Those were the days when I knew I needed you by my side..

Those were the days when I loved you..

Those were the days when I wished I'd wake up with amnesia..

When I see you in need, I know my time has come..

When I see you with him, I know now what it is I am..

When I see you smile or cry, I realize I've been spellbound..

When I felt the warmth of the sun.. I always knew you were near..

Those were the days I knew I'd already lost you..

But those days were the best in my life, because I had you in my life..

It was time, yes, I knew.. that I had to let you go..

Those were the days when I wished.. I woke up with amnesia..

~~The End~~