author's notes

So, this is the end of this book. Honestly, it's been a great journey. It was started in 2015 by a very naive 14 year old girl from the vintage town of Calcutta, India, who had miraculously come across Harry Potter in her school library. And this book was finished by 19 year old version of the same girl who now moved to the big city of Moscow, Russia, on the verge of becoming a Healer, albeit, very horrible one.

The Girl Who Stopped The War had become a very important part of my life and it's time to let it go. Comprising of 124 chapters in total, it had been an epic journey, both for me as well as for Skylar Firegold herself.

However, as per requested by many, there is a prequel to this book: Golden Hour that involves the journey of the Marauders era, especially through the point of view of all those we know as Death Eaters in the Lightning Era. The updates would be slow because for once, I don't have a steady plot to hold on to. It would be completely of my own imagination and that's a little hard to come by when I have exams every week.

And, as per my own wish, I have decided to write a spin-off, sort of, of the book— Jovian-Plutonian Extravaganza which will be based on the next generation era. It would have adventure, oh, yes. It won't be mindless school life. There would be a lot of things happening in that book too and NO,cursed child isn't canon.

However, The Girl Who Stopped The War is over, once and for all. Our little orphaned Australian girl has grown up, married and settled with the first person she loved, who she originally thought was a fictitious character. Funny. I want that to happen to me. Nvm.

This is a goodbye for now.

Thank you for all those who read this book and beared through the horrible grammar and plot of the first few chapters ( written by 14 year old me) and thank you for sticking Until The Very End.

Explanations

Basically I've noticed a lot of ongoing confusion about a lot of things that happened throughout the book. And as I'm revising it, I update the explanations to most here.

1. Why do Skylar and Harry refer to brother and sister rather than cousins?

It's pretty self-explanatory. Honestly, the root cause was my personal tendency to refer my cousins as brothers and sisters. It's an Asian thing. But at the same time, I was hoping for a deeper explanation — Both Harry and Skylar are orphans. While Harry was raised in his aunt's family with abuse growing up, Skylar was raised in an Orphanage where she wasn't abused, but neglected. She had seemingly no past or future according to her and she always felt like she had no root, nothing to call her own. Harry too wasn't told any good tho he about his parents except that they had died in a cat crash. The key explanation to why they call each other brother and sister is that they always craved to have and call something or someone their own. Magic and Hogwarts was their something whereas they were each other's someone. They always wanted more family than they had (or didn't have in case of Skylar) and when therefore they clung to each other so close.

2. Why does Skylar introduce with her full name?

Unlike to our sweet Harry Potter — I'm Harry, just Harry— Skylar is a non-conformist. She never cared about comprising her identity for the sake of anyone as she grew up. She knew her middle and last name were strange compared to her common first name and that ways gave her a sense of pride — that maybe it meant something, maybe there was something about her. She knew the stories about her that went around the town seemed feasible because of her attitude and aloof behavior, and she decided to not change herself to make others feel at ease. She knew how much people were wary of her, her name, her aura —everything— so she just went with it. She used her full name because it rattled everyone, even in the Wizarding World, and she loved the reactions she got. Our protagonist loved her fame and reputation and she wasn't afraid to own it.