An Unexpected Funeral

Start from the beginning

| TIME SKIP |

"Hold on." Jasmine and I waited outside and she called Jamal. "Have you heard from Ruby?" Jasmine asked on the phone. "No! I think the tire incident was really triggering. He's in a bad way."

"What tire incident?" I looked at her. She put up one finger telling me to shush. "I looked through his window," Jasmine spoke. I wish I knew what Jamal asked and why she was looking through Ruby's window but only one can assume.

"He's in bed, in the same underwear from three days ago, and still no socks on the floor." Jasmine described. "Oh wow." I gasped.

"Yeah, so when are you leaving?" Jasmine asked.

"Me and Y/n are already here," Jasmine said on the phone.

"In Brentwood. You know we had to get here early to support our girl, and I needed a little me time but Y/n just so happen to catch me while I was getting ready. She's quiet though so I can do a proper reassessment of the investigation and what our next step should be, 'cause that's what leaders do." Jasmine pettily stated.

I snickered and then my phone buzzed.

"Are you in Brentwood?" My brother asked immediately after I answered. "Yeah."

"Oh... I got another question."

"I might have an answer."

"Are you happy that Ray's here?"

I raised an eyebrow and sighed softly. Was I?

"Mhm. He's cool, I guess." I answered.

"It's like you barely speak to him or if you do it's one-worded or something. If there's a problem you can always tell me."  He ranted.

"My only problem is you being worried about something useless. I don't really care if he's here or not right now. But if shit happens and it hurts you, then that'll be a bigger problem."

"Y/N LETS GO!" Jasmine called out.

"I gotta go. See you when you get here." I hung up.

Jasmine and I walked into the house and looked around grabbing food and stuff. Jamal and Cesar got there and did the same. I got a phone call from Oscar.
"I'll be over in a minute," I told the group and walked near the front door.

"Yes, Oscar?" I answered. "Extension. You think Cuchillos is gonna give you guys an extension?" Oscar spoke over the phone. "A what? Listen I don't know what you are talking about but can it wait?" I asked. "Hmm, you know what, we don't have to talk about it right now. Go help your girl." Oscar hung up.

I sighed and walked back over. "Everything good?" Cesar asked me. I looked and slightly nodded my head. "I'm gonna go stuff my face or something." I dismissed myself and went around looking at the food.

"Shit looks half seasoned as fuck." I muttered and went to the desserts.

While picking and choosing I saw none other than, Rose Westbrook. "Oh shit." I gasped. "Jamal is gonna bother the hell out of that woman once he finds her." I chuckled to myself. "Hey." I heard behind me causing me to jump a little. "Hey, Jas." I said with a fork in my mouth. "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be? Besides the um, environment right now." I stated while eating. "I don't know. You disappeared after that phone call and I got worried." Jasmine sighed. "I'm cool. I'm gonna head over to Cesar and Monse or something." I smiled.

Jasmine nodded as I walked off. I went into the bathroom and got on my phone.

Being around a lot of mourning people gave me some anxiety since I couldn't say or do anything no matter how bad Monse's mom was and there were some things on the tip of my tongue but I just held it all in.

I took a breath and went over and saw Ruby being dragged out by Jasmine. "Sheesh." I sat down. "What happened?" I questioned and by the look on Cesar and Monse faces it wasn't good.

Monse just got up and walked off. I looked at the time on my phone then back up. "Time is going slower and slower by the second." I inhaled deeply and looked at Cesar.

"So, you said you'll talk to me when I got here. Well, I am here. What's the problem?" Cesar looked back at me and tilted his head.

"I said the problem. I don't know what you want me to say though. That if that man leaves again I'll only be phased if you're phased but if you aren't upset over it then I just won't care that he left? That's the truth. I've got bigger shit on my plate right now and my daddy problems aren't on that list." I slouched and folded my arms.

Cesar nodded and stayed quiet.