The Sorting Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"What are they your servants or something?" I laugh.

"No!" Draco frowns and crosses his arms.

"Oh, you know I'm only kidding Draco." I say putting my hand on his shoulder. He smirks and nods at me. He then turns his head to look past my shoulder. He spots Harry.

"I have an idea." He snickers looking back at me.

"Oh god, not another one of your ideas. Those never work out." I say sarcastically.

"It's not going to be that bad. I just want to draw some unwanted attention to Potter." He exclaims.

"Alright, I'll play along." I say with a smile. This might be fun. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and I walk over to where Harry is standing with Ron and Hermione.

"So it's true then, what they've been saying. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Draco says, followed by whispers from the crowd of students. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle, you already know (y/n) and I." Then he pauses giving a look to Ron and Hermione. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sorts. We can help you there." He says nodding in my direction. I smile at Harry.

"I think I can tell the wrong sorts for myself thank you." He snaps back. When he did I frown at him and he mouthed the word 'sorry'. I shrug my shoulders and realize Professor Mcgonigal was coming our way. I grab Draco's shoulder and spin him around. He looked like he was about to attack Harry.

"We are ready for you all, now follow me." The Professor ushers us into the great hall.

As we enter we look up at the ceiling. It's bewitched to look like the night sky. It's amazing. We all line up at the end of the stage and look up at a stool with an old ratty hat, and a table full of professors.

"Now before we begin, Dumbledore would like to say a few words." McGonigal says.

"The first years take note, the dark forest is strictly forbidden. Our caretaker Mr. Filtch would like me to remind you, the 3rd-floor corridor is strictly forbidden as well, for everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Dumbledore finishes.

"Now we will begin, you will come forth, I will place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." McGonigal states as I look over to Draco.

"I hope we get the same house." I whisper to him.

"If we didn't I don't know what I would do." He sighs and clenches his jaw. I focus my attention back upfront.

"Hermione Granger." She calls and Hermione climbs up to sit on the stool. The hat suddenly springs to life.

"Mhhh right then, Mhhh right. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shrieks. The Gryffindor table bursts into cheers as Hermione goes to join them.

"Draco Malfoy." She calls. Draco squeezes my hand, let go, and walks up to the stool. If he doesn't get Slytherin, he may as well never go home. His father puts immense pressure on him about the sorting ceremony.

Before the hat even touched his head, it yelled, "SLYTHERIN." I sigh in relief for him. The Slytherin table bursts into cheers as he sits at their table.

"(y/n) Wolfwood." She yells out for me. The crowd goes dead silent. They put their attention on me as I walk up to the stool.

"Hmm, interesting this one. I want to say brave like a Gryffindor, but sly and cunning like a Slytherin. Let me think. Oh alright, it has to be... SLYTHERIN!" The hat booms through the room. I smile brightly as I approach the cheering Slytherin table. I sit down next to Draco and smirk at him before looking back up at the stage.